“Pleasently surprised!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pennsylvania
“Pleasently surprised!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

After reading alot of the reviews, I have avoided staying here. However, I decided to give it a chance after a very disappointing experience at another place that day.
I booked a Twin junior suite poolview and recieved a nice AARP discount. As it turned out, everything was very nice. The room was wonderful. Clean and VERY comfortable. Spacious and well appointed. The staff was very nice in spite of the fact that it was a very busy weekend. I ordered food from the restaurant it was well prepared and delicious. The price was not bad either.
Overall, I was very happy with my short stay.
Location is great.

Room Tip: I liked my room but I can not comment on the rest. The interior courtyard rooms, around the pool, a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel is right on the ocean. We had an oceanview room which was clean,comfortable and spacious. An excellent value.

Room Tip: Pay the extra an get an oceanview.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We travel for business year round and therefore stay in lot of hotels and use trip advisor for suggestions.
This hotel was not rated well on trip advisor and I almost dismissed it but, the location was great, downtown a block from shopping and dining. Additionally , they have ocean front rooms with balconies . So, I gave it a try, what a surprise. The room was clean, newly remodeled, granite in bathroom, contemporary furnishings, clean beds with crisp white linens! The bed was comfortable as were pillows, selection of both soft and firm. Also a mini fridge in room for our drinks.. The view was spectacular.. Listened to the ocean waves all night.
Frank, front desk mgr, was pleasant and helpful. We received a coupon for drinks and breakfast discount at Mulligans which is attached to hotel. Food was good and service excellent, especially Alyse who was helpful about joining Mulligans VIP club as we are renting a condo in vero for a month. We will definitely be back to Mulligans and also holiday inn will be our 1st choice when looking for a downtown Vero Beach Hotel in the future.
I would suggest giving the hotel a try if you are in the area and desire a hotel where location and view are important. Our room was 337 , top floor ocean front. Also, was given a
AAA discount.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank marker0706
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This Holiday Inn is located on Ocean Street, directly on the Atlantic Ocean, which is the high point of this hotel. I was arriving late, so I didn't bother with an oceanfront room. The room I booked online was billed as "poolside," however, it was located Ina dark, dingy hallway that leads to the pool. Consequently, the room is always dark. Of course, this hotel has outside room entry doors, which don't fit tightly, so some light filters through the cracks around the door.
Check in was easy and the desk clerk was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, but dated. It was on the second floor about a mile from the elevator. We had some heave luggage, but didn't even bother with the elevator when we checked out.
If you want to stay in a central o
Location in Vero beach, on the ocean, this place will do, but I would seek out other options.

• Stayed January 2012
albany ny
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just stayed here for four nights in an oceanfront room, family of four. Check-in was fine gave you a coupon for pool towels(which if you didnt return you got charged $20 per towel-not bad for $2 towels).Maid service ok had to ask for more than the 2 towels they give you never understood that, had togo get toilet paper, ran out of kleenex. Need a normal size garbage can intead of the 3 tiny ones there. Hotel had no water first day couldnt shower or flush until they fixed it-couple hours.First floor room right on the beach was very nice. Was ok will check out somewhere else next visit. Still had double beds instead of queens yuck!

Room Tip: would spend the extra for the oceanfront room I used my entertainment card for 148/night still high...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Cameron, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was in need of a quick two night stay and found the Holiday Inn and Suites on Vero Beach, Room was nice, clean, Beds were bad, very hard and uncomfortable. My wife had to sleep in the chair the two nights. Nice location, right on the beach with lots of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms with the ocean view are the best, but you do pay for them.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JimK761
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed 1 night with my wife over XMAS holidays. I've been generally happy with the stae of Holiday Inn hotels in the past but I must admit this is my second worse experience.

Although the staff were nice and accommodating, the simple fact is, that this hotel is in need of a serious renovation. As priority members we were upgraded from a "parking lot" room to a "courtyard/pool area" room. After spending the night in our upgrated run down room, I fear for those staying in the "other" rooms. Our room smelt musty, carpet looked dirty, bathtub/shower were stained, doors were largely chipped, and fridge cabinet hadn't been dusted since the hotel opened...

The only positive I can offer, is this hotels location... That said, check out the competitors next door, because I'm sure you'd get better value there... I know I'll be staying somewhere else next time!

• Stayed December 2011