“A pleasant surprise”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Orange Park, Florida
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

The staff at this hotel makes the difference. Front desk staff, housekeeping staff and breakfast staff all made it obvious that their focus was on the guest.

This property is a hidden gem. The rooms are clean, well maintained and the bed is very comfortable. While it really is just another generic roadside hotel in its class, somehow (and I can't put my finger on the difference) it just seems nicer and better kept.

There is plenty of shopping and restaurant choices nearby.

The breakfast is OK, but the breakfast room is too small for the size of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Redgranite, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We booked a room for 3 days, visiting relatives in the area. Hotel was easy enough to find. Easy access to Land O Lakes where we were visiting. Check in was quick and easy. Tom at the front desk was helpful and friendly. Fridge and micro in the room. The free breakfast was good also. We will return again next year hopefully.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We chose the Best Western because of the TA reviews and the close location to our lacrosse tournament. I reserved two queens at a rate of $62 while the rest of our team stayed closer to Tampa with a queen and a pullout for much more!

Check in was a breeze, the room was spotless and spacious for four people and the frig was plenty big for all of our drinks. Everything was immaculately clean.

The pool doesn't have much of a view back near some bushes and a ditch but it was fine for us northerners trying to soak up some sun.

The breakfast was well-stocked with bagels, cereal, oatmeal, English muffins, bread, muffins, waffles, eggs, and sausage and gravy. Oranges and bananas were also available.

The local paper is outside your door every morning and there are ice machines on every floor but you do need to take your room card to activate them. There is also a washer and dryer ($1.50 a load for each) on the first floor and you can buy a tiny box of detergent for $1.

We were graciously given a late checkout so we could come back to the room after our final game. Only complaint is that one of the front desk employees was outside the front door smoking and the smell came right in the doors.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bdaygirl
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Traveled from East Tennessee to Wesley Chapel to visit wife's brother and family. Sister-in-law was with us and I had requested adjoining/connected rooms and we received that. Lady at fornt desk was very friendly and issued Cat5 cord when my computer would not pick up Wi-Fi. Rooms was very clean and plenty of towels/washcloths. We had the breakfast and it was well supplied and biscuits & gravy were excellent. Fresh fruit also. We would stay again any time. AARP rate was used.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tnvoldude
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Room was clean and comfy. Friendly front desk. Morning paper is delivered right to your door. Good location with lots of shopping and restaurant choices.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank funnyfeet2
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We went to this hotel for a weekend. We had a good time. The rooms were very nice. The fridge in the room was excellent. The location is close to things, but it's a little hard to find. The lady at the front desk was excellent - she helped us find a bank. The place stayed nice and cool with the air. The only thing of issue was when the cleaning lady wanted to clean our bed at 9:30 on a Saturday morning - that needs to change. Make sure you put out your 'do not disturb' sign the night before.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dougfms
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I selected the Best Western hotel based on reviews I had read, the great price they gave me, the location, and the fact it had interior room access only for safety.

The front desk staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. The hotel was nicely decorated, fresh and clean. My room was clean every day and they provided a nice expanded continental breakfast. I stayed 8 days and used the business center once to print off some documents. I used the Wi-Fi every evening and it worked great.

The hotel was conveniently located close to numerous restaurants and close to the highway, but not close enough that you heard the road noise. In fact, I drove across the street to Cracker Barrell twice for a good evening meal. There were also a couple of grocery stores nearby that I visited to buy items for snacking and to make a packable lunch for during the day.

There was a nice swimming pool and workout center but I didn't use them. My room had a king size bed, mini-refrigerator, microwave, desk with light, TV, dresser, a small table with 2 chairs, closet safe, ironing board with iron, and a blow dryer in the bathroom. The air conditioner is the only thing I think could have been improved upon. It cooled just fine, but didn't have a setting where you could have the fan run constantly along with compressor cutting on and off for cooling. (I like to have constant air movement in the room when I'm sleeping.) If you turned the fan on to run constantly, I believe the A/C part didn't work - it was just fan. I could be wrong.

The bed was a little more firm than I care for, but I still slept very well on it. (I'm spoiled at home with a pillow top mattress.)

Every morning, they delivered a newspaper in front of my door which was really nice. The breakfast they provided included fresh fruit, a selection of cereals, milk, juice, muffins, cinnamon raisin bread, bagels, biscuits, gravy, and egg patties. The coffee was actually very good and they provided 1/2 & 1/2 in a pitcher versus the dry creamer in packets.

There was a rather loud gentleman in the room next to me and I could hear him talking from time to time. Not sure if the walls were a little thin or what. But when the A/C was running, I didn't hear him.

My check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. I received exactly what I had reserved at the rate I was quoted. They had a nice comfortable lobby where I could wait for my coworkers each morning. Overall, my experience was great!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
11.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
16.9 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills

Been to BEST WESTERN Wesley Chapel? Share your experiences!