All reviews tennis program golf course tennis camp howard moore great tennis tennis courts full kitchen sports bar one bedroom suite pro shop five hours tennis experience arnold palmer beautiful grounds video analysis per day bit dated
Reviewed February 2, 2018

The rooms were dated & musty for the price of the rooms. There was not enough staff in the restaurant on staff to accommodate a conference that they knew long in advance about. The conference rooms were positive.

Room Tip: The 'resort' needs an overhaul.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
RobSaddlebrook, Manager at Saddlebrook Resort Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Hello 396jen, I'm glad you liked the look of the conference center. It was recently renovated, and we are following that same style to renovate the rooms!

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Back from conference there. Lots of people with lots of complaints. Here are some of the common ones.

Like other reviews, rooms stale and old.

But, this could have been made more pleasant by a few, very cheap fixes. First off, the plumbing fixtures: someone should go through the place for a whole day and tighten things up. A lot of us had problems with our showers and due to neglect of very small, cheap fixes.

People were totally pissed off by the tiny drinks they pour at the bar. With olives, my martini was a quarter glass--I do not exaggerate.

The place is poorly staffed. It took the help of three different operators to reach room services, which just keep ringing for me. I finally reached the kitchen directly.

Clearly, they are trying to cut corners here. I suggest they balance the old rooms with a few small fixes that really wouldn't cost them too much.

They need to know that their cheapness is obvious to guests. We saw it and were offered. Sometimes you need to spend a little to make a little.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hello Bossco, thank you for your review. I hope you enjoyed the conference. As for the rooms, we have heard the reviews that they need to be updated. We are currently doing so. We started with the exteriors and have begun work on the interiors. I hope you'll be glad to hear we are not doing minor fixes, but total renovations!

Reviewed February 2, 2018

I cam here because I had heard about the tennis program for years. The tennis did not disappoint. I thought the instructors were great and very enthusiastic. I really enjoyed the warmup/exercises before playing, something they don't do as a group at other places I have been. Would have been nice to alternate playing surfaces but at the end of the day i prefer har-tru and that is what we played on so it was fine.
The hotel has a great pool area and pool bar. The food menu at the pool was a bit limited but what i ate was good. The steakhouse was good but not cheap. The rooms definitely seem a bit dated and could use some freshing up.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Hello Allison10003, thank you for your review! I'm glad our tennis did not disappoint, even after all the hype! Fear not, we are renovating the rooms now. Hopefully they will be ready for the next time you want to improve your game!

Reviewed February 1, 2018

The rooms and the resort as a whole are so RIDICULOUSLY DATED - it is pretty hilarious (yet sad all at once).

This is a 1980's throwback and boy it looks ?? rough.
The "rooms" are Condos they rent for the Owners- again old ridiculous no sound proofing and some what grimy ad smelly. The bed is old and lumpy - the bathroom - whoa just whoa ....gross

The food is so basic and Resort Priced so that is disappointing.

I came for the tennis program - it was a basic tennis program - I thought it would be extra good/special bc of the tennis resort online rating - no it was a tennis clinic that was 3 hours in the AM 2 hours in the PM - nothing special.

If you have never been to Kapalua or Wild Dunes or had a GOOD tennis lesson taught by a real PRO (meaning Div 1 player or successful Jr) - this might impress you ??

I guess it all depends on your previous tennis experiences..
It was a wasted trip for me - I came from California - should have gone to Reed School PS

Room Tip: not sure there is a GOOD room - maybe a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
RobSaddlebrook, Manager at Saddlebrook Resort Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Hello Venusbirth, your review is disappointing for me to read. I'm sorry we did not meet your high standards. We are renovating the rooms currently and we will try to do better on all fronts.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

We visited for golf instruction with Andrew Dawe. He was excellent! He gets very high marks for his professional knowledge, capability, and congeniality, and he very ably tailored a program to meet my wife and my personal needs.

Having said that, we stayed at the resort and feel we paid full price for dated property selling itself on discount. The resort was fully booked with a weeklong franchisee conference, which was probably sold at significant discount to what we paid. As a consequence, however, there was lots of rowdy activity and loud music which we didn't really enjoy. It was unseasonably cold during our visit, and the sprawling layout of the resort resulted in some chilly excursions to get to breakfast and other destination, etc. The property is old, and while it may be undergoing renovations, they aren't happening that quickly. I just don't think we got our moneys worth from the hotel/resort.

We did use the spa, which was enjoyable.

We did not eat dinners at the property, but elected to try the local area restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Adflanagan, I'm glad to hear your lesson with Andrew was excellent. I will send your regards to him. I do apologize if the group in house was bit noisy. Coming to a conference resort like ours is a perk of a lot of companies, I'm sure they were all excited to be here. I'm sorry if the weather was unseasonably cold, I wish there were something we could do about that! Maybe you can come back and see us in the Spring the weather is always good then!