All reviews tennis program golf course tennis camp howard moore great tennis tennis courts full kitchen sports bar one bedroom suite pro shop five hours tennis experience arnold palmer beautiful grounds video analysis per day bit dated
Reviewed February 10, 2018

We have spent a week at Saddlebrook the week before Christmas. We took the tennis package, which meant that I spent the full week receiving tennis coaching all day from Howard's coaching team. It was the best time ever - the team was professional, familiar, supportive, encouraging, humorous and determined to make me a better player. I regard myself as an ok club player and I was amazed that the coaching team was actually working with me as intensely as if I were a much more serious tennis player. A special to Howard for the extra effort he made, providing us with his personal advice.
There is also a lot to be gained by watching the professional tour players training at the Academy. I found this very inspiring.
My family and I stayed at the resort. The resort was beautiful, clean and friendly. Particular thanks goes to all staff who seem to enjoy working at Saddlebrook. My son decided to join the tennis intensive coaching and became very good friend with Zack. My husband enjoyed the golf immensely with two challenging and beautifully manicured courses. It made the all week go far too quickly.
I would recommend Saddlebrook Resort to everyone who takes their tennis or golf seriously.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
RobSaddlebrook, Manager at Saddlebrook Resort Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Hello Aude E, thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the tennis program as much as you did! I will send this to Howard and his staff so they can see the results of their effort. Watching pros like John Isner and Alex Zverev on court is a priceless motivator and we are glad you got to experience that! Please come back and work on your game anytime!

Reviewed February 8, 2018

I was here for a conference. Let's start with the good. The valet was great!. When I told him I was running late for a meeting, he put me ahead of other cars and got my vehicle quickly.

The front desk staff was friendly and efficient for my check in.

The conference area, which appeared to be newer or redone was decent. High ceiling and the sound in the rooms was good. There were plenty of places to meet with colleagues outside but meeting indoors was a challenge.

My room was mediocre. It was a two bedroom that felt old and redone. Low ceiling that were "popcorn" style. The carpet was new but the bathroom was worn despite attempts to upgrade. The living room area was fine. The rooms themselves are oddly located. There are pods of that are far from lobby. Make sure to ask for something close to the lobby.

Restaurant service was TERRIBLE. The line at the morning coffee bar was ridiculous, the bar was understaffed, and the wait at the restaurant was so long that we left the property. I did room service one night and that was cold and not good. Given the size of our group, one might think they would have staffed tings better.

The location of this place is odd as well. There are no "quality" restaurants nearby.

I would not stay here again. I understand from reviews the tennis program is good, but that is not my thing. So, unless you want a tennis vacation, I would go somewhere with newer rooms, better services, and better location.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Russ H, let me start by staying I'm glad you enjoyed your conference. The meeting space was renovated recently and has gotten great review so far. As for the rooms we started with the conference center, and have moved on to renovating the exterior and interior of the rooms. We are a very large property with 100% occupancy often, so taking rooms out commission requires logistical approach. I apologize for the busyness of the restaurants. It is never our intention to make the guests wait. We hope you'll come another time!

Reviewed February 7, 2018

I've been going to Saddlebrook for the tennis for years and they are terrific - Shawn, Tai, Phil and Erin make sure my five hours on the court are challenging, fun and rewarding. I'll continue to visit!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
RobSaddlebrook, Manager at Saddlebrook Resort Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Hello Lynn Y, Thank you for your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your Saddlebrook Tennis experience! Please continue to improve your game with us!

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I have to agree with other postings by room smelled like a musty dirty sock they were good about getting me a off-label Lysol bottle with one tenth of the Lysol spray left in it still a major persisting musty smell if you look at the toilets in the back you find mold you also see ceilings and meeting rooms that are peeling with paint and cracked I can look past almost all of that but the guy at the front desk that looks like Richard Simmons was completely rude and should not be in customer service

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Camper636050

Hello. Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issue with the front desk. I am aware of you worked with and I will speak to his manager. All the best.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

My review is mostly positive. I agree with other reviewers - yes the place is dated, but it is acceptable and decent. Unique setting away from the city. It was relaxing to be out among nature. Did not mind the 10 minute walk from room to conference facilities. The meeting facilities were great. My biggest complaint with stay is with the front desk staff. I could fill up a couple of pages of writing to explain the details, but the bullet point is we had numerous issues and conflicts with the front desk staff, and at the same time, we witnessed some of the poorest customer service and attitude that we have seen in years from the front desk staff - not just once or twice, but multiple times during our stay. They appeared tired, agitated, and as if every question, comment, request was painful and negative for them to hear. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get into our rooms after check in due to several human errors on behalf of the front desk. Sometimes human error happens, however it was sad to see the negativity and poor customer service that accompanied it. Kudos to Travis and other staff who drove the golf carts, and to the housekeeping staff, including one female staff who was on her first week at the resort, as they saw we, a group of 5 were having difficulty with the front desk, they went above and beyond and hung out with us in the cold night air and didn't leave until we were settled in our rooms. However supervises the front desk staff has some work to do, because what we experienced was inexcusable. Congratulations to housekeeping, maintenance, golf cart drivers, valet drivers, and catering - for we saw in all of you top customer service and very pleasant, professional and cordial service. We enjoyed the amenities including the pools. Note: one smaller pool was not heated, and the larger, main pool was perfectly heated, and great hot tubs, unfortunately there were no pool towels in the area, so the 10-12 of us in the pool area notified front desk, but nothing resulted, until we called housekeeping, and they gladly delivered towels to us. Got some good photos of small and large alligators in ponds in the vicinity. Gorgeous photos taken of beautiful trees around the grounds and golf course.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Marty375, I'm glad to hear your stay was mostly positive. Also, that you enjoyed the preserved nature in the resort. As a matter of fact, we have our own qualified nature reserve on the resort. It’s something that we a proud of here. It sounds like the majority of the staff met your expectations, but I apologize that the front desk clearly did not. It’s a particular shame since they are the first and last employees you come in contact with. This sounds like an area we need to improve, so I am relaying your issues to their manager. We want to make sure this never happens again.