“love the atmosphere and the food”
Review of Darbster

Darbster
Ranked #12 of 772 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vegan Bistro on the waterway serving a mix of innovative vegan dishes such as palm cakes along with favorites like enchiladas and mac & cheese. Salads and raw items as well. Serves beer and wine. Dog friendly. Dinner served Wed-Sun, lunch on Sat-Sun. Has outdoor seating. Accepts credit cards. Open Wed-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 1pm-10pm, Sun 11am-10pm, Mon-Tue closed.
Reviewed January 5, 2018

My vegan boyfriend and my non vegan mother and I came here August 2017. It is somewhat hard to notice if you are coming North on Dixie Highway as it is literally on the canal. Oddly enough it is really beautiful for being next to a canal. There is a small parking lot (for FL standards) that only holds about ten cars, likely less than that. Food was amazing here and my boyfriend LOVED their wellington. He enjoyed it so much he ate my mother's (she is quite anti vegan meat and did not want to finish it). Proceeds go to an animal rescue which makes this place even better!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed December 25, 2017

My wife has been having some allergy issues with many different types of foods and even though neither of us are vegans, or even vegetarians, we thought this place sounded like it was worth a visit. It was. You just need to read the menu carefully and you will be able to find something. I had a dish they called Wellington that was very much like a beef Wellington, but without the beef. It was excellent! My wife had a pear and "gorgonzola" salad that was also very good, but the vegan gorgonzola "cheese" will never be as good as the real thing. The waitstaff was EXCELLENT, and very helpful. The ambience is also very nice. No TV's! Just music. How about that. Almost all of the tables are outdoors, but covered. All in all, a very pleasant and relaxing experience and well worth the visit. Robin was the best!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

Darbster is among the country’s top vegan restaurants. Period. Beet tartare starter is reason enough to eat here. Stroganoff entree is an inspiration. Raw cheesecake is hands down the best of its kind. Live music, dog and cat supporter, just the right ambience (in an unexpected location), raw and cooked choices, organic and biodynamic wines, GF and organic beer, multiple tea choices, plenty of wait staff - speaking of which, many thanks to Malaya, our expert server - and we wish the entire operation would move to where we live. Darbster is in the vanguard of what I call Nouvelle Vegan Cuisine!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

This is a restaurant not just for Vegans and Vegetarians. I like to eat Vegetarian on occasion. Darbster's is a great place to make that happen. They also are a great cause by giving profits to help animals in need. So good food, original teas and a good heart makes for a restaurant worth going to in multiple occasions. I had sampling from 4 different meals from the guest we were with and a few desserts. You don't really need the details because it was all good. It's just one of those kinds of rare find restaurants.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Awesome place for 100% Vegan Life eaters. And if you are doing a couples night out, well this is the place to go. They do reservations so make sure you call ahead. Nice vibe and the staff are very professional and know the menu well. My husband and I love this place and the price is not bad at all.

Date of visit: October 2017