“The Waiter Ozzy Villegas Made My Birthday Dinner Experience Extraordinary!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabana Restaurant - CLOSED

Cabana Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Latin, Caribbean, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lake Worth, Florida
“The Waiter Ozzy Villegas Made My Birthday Dinner Experience Extraordinary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My Husband & I had the privilege of having my Birthday Dinner at Cabana Restaurant on Clematis Street in downtown West Palm Beach March 6. We won "the customer lottery" by having Ozzy Villegas as our waiter. He was extremely kind, considerate, thoughtful and very tuned into the fact that I am unusually sensitive about my Birthday. I went to the Ladies Room after I ordered my dinner and when I came back, he put confetti all over our tablecloth. He was so respectful of the fact that I am over the top about celebrating my Birthday and treated me like a Birthday Queen. He made this one of the most enjoyable and memorable Birthday experiences I ever had. In the very fast world we live in today, it is so refreshing to know that there is someone who cares about doing the little things that make a customer smile. Actually, I felt more like a guest in a Dear Friend's home, than a customer in a restaurant. Everyone in the world should be so fortunate to have a Birthday dinner like mine. Ozzy Villegas, you are an extraordinary example of the way someone should treat a guest. Can't wait to come to Cabana again soon and celebrate more special occasions with you!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank TobyandJerry

South Florida, Florida
“Fine latin food in very casual setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great empanadas, terrific churrasca and seafood---sea bass in particular. Very casual setting on Clematis street in downtown West Palm. Several outside tables. Service was good, not great. Good value.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dubaytom
Kitchener, Canada
“Absolutely a fine meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

First experience at a truly Cuban restaurant.
Could not have asked for a better time.
Waiter was very knowledge about menu, answered all our questions and provided exemplary service.
Three of us had the large appetizer platter and two entrees.
My wife and I shared the paella. Large serving in casserole of an excellent paella.
Absolute must if you are in West Palm Beach.
Downtown parking could be a problem.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank KMHonest
Denver
“First time here. We'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We were visiting West Palm and stumbled across Cabana. It was warm at night, so we were able to eat dinner at a table on the sidewalk. The food and service were both excellent. For dinner we ordered: Coco Cabana, Churrasco, Paella, & Mero Chileno. The food was a bit on the expensive side, but it was worth it. We sampled each others dinners and all agreed that we would have ordered everything again. If we make it back to West Palm, we'll definitely eat at Cabana again.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank scotrk
Boston
“Homerun at Cabana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We were looking for a fun and different dining experience in West Palm Beach and after a little research, decided to try Cabana.  Wow!  Am I glad we did.  The decor at the bar was bright and bold - sophisticated in the main dining room.  The food, which is latin (not Cuban as we had mistakenly thought) was delicious and just so flavorful.   We had bocadillos as an appetizer - a mixed sampler platter of shrimp fritters, vegetables fritters, chicken wings and empanadas.  It was plentiful, hot and very very tasty.  The sauce on the chicken wings was dark and tangy - really special.   The entrees were equally good - we ordered the mixed grill, and the favors of the chicken and sausage just blended wonderfully.

Not surprisingly, the classic Sangria punch was excellent as well.  A special shout out goes to our excellent waitress Irina, who provided not only great service and humor, but really guided us well through the menu and helped choose very complimentary favors.  A great evening.

2 Thank christmm