All reviews fern room key west bed and breakfast free trolley b and b city place and clematis street the main house perfect location hot breakfast a wonderful stay yogurt randy brunch courtyard wpb florida
Reviewed October 13, 2017

This Bed and Breakfast is amazing. I absolutely loved my stay here. The house is very nice, the rooms are comfortable and each has their own bathroom. The staff is super nice and accommodating and their breakfast is an actual breakfast they cook for you! Not just some bagels and yogurt placed out. The backyard bar is nice for a little break and the staff is very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and where to go to eat, for anything you want. Will definitely recommend Palm Beach Hibiscus to anyone looking to stay downtown.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunshineSmiles79
Randy W, Owner at Palm Beach Hibiscus, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Thanks for the great review and we are very happy that you had a great time. It is folks like you who make B&B's a special place to stay. The staff thrives to ensure that the guests are happy and we are all glad you loved your stay. Please visit us again next time you visit WPB.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Traveled to west palm beach for business. Found this place via the inner webs, read reviews, looked at the price and then booked. It was my first visit to a B&B, didn't know what to expect.

It's in a perfect location, so you do not need a car. A free trolley is right outside the front door and bikes to rent are close. If you do drive there are limited amount of parking spaces available and would advise to keep your vehicle parked.

The main house and detached house are on a great piece of property that has a huge courtyard with a bar. (Favorite spot for the locals). The locals are extremely friendly, by the way. Bar opens around 4 I believe. The interior has an old charm to it. Everything worked liked it supposed to, no issues, clean and quiet.

The staff, including bartenders are extremely nice and welcoming.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dayton M
Randy W, Owner at Palm Beach Hibiscus, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Thank you for taking time to give us a very nice review. It is an excellent description of our property's highlights. LOCATION is perfect for WPB business and we have convenient transportation to all of downtown. I am happy that you found the staff extremely nice and friendly. If business brings you back to WPB, please come visit us again!

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Just ended a wonderful trip to WPB for Sunfest. The room was clean and the people were fun! Went to the downstairs bar a couple of times and chatted up Stephanie the bartender/Office extraordinaire. Had a great breakfast each morning. Walked to City Place and Clematis each day. Rented a City Bike. All of this was within 1/2 a mile. Can't say enough good things about this B&B. When I come back to WPB I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Randy W, Owner at Palm Beach Hibiscus, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

We are so very happy you enjoyed staying with us during SunFest. We are so glad you got to experience our wonderful tiki bar. We pride ourselves on being the "most fun place to stay in downtown WPB"! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

My wife and I were in town for SunFest / our 2 year wedding anniversary. We chose this bed and breakfast to stay for the first half of our trip because it came highly rated and it was in close proximity to Flagler Street where most of the action was happening (a 15 minute walk or 5-10 minute trolley ride). We loved our stay at this charming bed and breakfast and bar. We were likely the only out of town guests to stay in the bed and breakfast during the week (which has 4-6 rooms) and it filled up quickly on Friday as we had a few more families join us at the dining table downstairs. Unfortunately we did not get to experience the Inn during the weekend as it was already booked before we placed our reservation. But what I can tell you is that it's a very welcoming place to stay. The building itself is more than 100 years old and it is really cool to see what kind of renovations they've made to the space while still preserving the history and feel of the house. We stayed in the Fern room which was a bit small (I saw photos of the other rooms and Fern was likely the smallest of the bunch) but still cozy and honestly just the right amount of "bells and whistles" for the amount of time we spent there. The bed was extremely comfortable and I got a great night's sleep all three nights. The resident chef Marcus left homemade and handmade chocolates on our pillow and they were incredible -- one was even flavored like key lime pie. My favorite part about Palm Beach Hibiscus is the people you encounter. Randy, the owner, is extremely friendly and you can talk to him about anything. So is Marcus (the chef), Jessica (the bartender), Jennifer (the housekeeper) and her son, and Arthur (a good friend of the inn who is there most days). The conversation was fun and relaxed. Tables are located all throughout the inn (much like you'd find at a restaurant), but these are mainly reserved for Sunday brunch. If you stay in the inn, there is a long brown table downstairs where breakfast is served. The breakfast is top notch and really tasty; during our stay, we had eggs, quiche, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fruit, toast and jam, coffee, and more. All of it was very flavorful, satisfying, and delicious. We were told to come to the bar during happy hour as we were ensured a memorable experience with local regulars. While we didn't make it back for happy hour, we did stop by late one evening after SunFest and met a couple of regulars. They were friendly and had great things to say about the bar at Hibiscus; they said it was the best bar in the city and there was a reason a lot of people stop in. I'll believe it! Just wish I could have spent more time there. But my hope is that we will be able to make a trip back down to Palm Beach soon so we can spend more time with this great group of people. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam S

Well, it truly was a pleasure having the two of you stay with us. I only wish you had booked earlier so you could have experienced the full SunFest fun at the Inn. Next trip you should try and book the 1918 house next door with its 4 suites. The Hibiscus Suite (entire second floor of the house) is already booked for SunFest 2018 but there are other suites available. both were a joy to have on the property and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

No lift in this charming colonial building; so if you are disable - ask in advance for a room on the ground floor.
Perfect location - walkable distance to the main attractions. Friendly staff. Adequate breakfast. Good WIFI. Free car park right on the side. Very important: SAFE place.

Stayed: March 2017

Thanks for the review of our 1917 historic Inn. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you come back to West Palm Beach!