“Modern furnishings, business oriented”

Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Modern furnishings, business oriented”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I got a good deal for a 4 night stay here in the west palm beach area. I enjoyed my stay for the most part. The hotel is nicely furnished with modern furniture. The furniture in the room was very nice and included a microwave and refridgerator unit which was very handy. I used the pool all four days here even though it rained every day. Everyday I felt the pool was too cold, I requested the temperature be turned up and it did slightly improve but not great. I guess management was trying to save money during the "off season". However, if you advertise that a pool is an amenity, it should be adequately heated for your guests comfort. The bed was wonderful and every night I slept well. There also was a fitness room with four machines, treadmill was out of service though and a business center with 2 computers and a good printer. Breakfast was not complimentary so I didnt try it. They did serve complimentary coffee in the early morning at least.

Our room was not large but spacious enough facing a wall of plants and the highway. I didnt have a problem with the noise. The representative who checked us in was polite enough but not friendly at all or willing to go out of the way to help you make your stay more comfortable. My bf and I called him the professional grouch. I requested a room with a view to which he replied "none of the rooms have views". Ok, how about a room facing the pool, none. He was not helpful at all! I did not receive a receipt when I checked out.

They do have a shuttle to the airport and city place which is nice. But I feel that if you stay ANYWHERE in florida, it is helpful to rent a car to get around as the mass transportation options here are atrocious. I believe I saw 1 or 2 buses the entire time I was here. Parking was included which was great too.

I do have to say that this place is more for business travelers than for leisure. They lack a warm and cozy environment I look for in staying at a hotel on holiday. But they did provide everything you needed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Front desk staff was friendly. Check-in could have been quicker but the employee did offer me a free soda for the inconvenience. Room was small and the arm chair could have used a serious cleaning. Oversize shower was nice as was the refrigerator in the room. Pool area was nice but smoking is allowed anywhere so depending on who is out there with you, you may or may not have fresh air. I had to request pool towels twice for a total wait of fifteen minutes. The bar/restaurant does make a great pizza. NOTE: LUNCH IS NOT SERVED. Bar staff was friendly. Heat/AC was noisy and hard to control the temp. Free wi-fi was available but encountered difficulty in logging on and had to use the 1-800 number. The wait for help was twenty minutes. Also, maid tried to enter but thankfully I had my door security bolted.

Room Tip: The rate was a bit high for being an airport location. I would suggest trying to find a better deal...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

This is a nice property. Rooms are large, clean, well appointed. Great bedding/linens, microwave and fridge. It is an airport, so there is not a lot to do around the hotel if you do not have a car. The shuttle will take you to the upscale City Place shopping area. Would have been lovely to sit on the veranda by the pool, in the shade, on the attractive furniture, enjoying a nice lunch but, they do not serve lunch. Only down side to the hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Pool side will be quiet. Other side has a busy street.
1 Thank joburkholder1
Wiley Ford, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights in October 2011. Every single time but one, when I left my room, I could not get back in. Each time I returned, my room key would not work. Front desk suggested it was my fault for carrying it too close to my cell phone or credit card. When I told them I stayed in many, many other hotels and was smart enough to use my card, they ignored me. On several trips to the front desk with my three door keys to get them reprogrammed, other guests were having the same problems. I asked the front desk why all the loud talking was allowed 20 feet from my window, they explained it was the outside lounge. I explained it was also a hotel where people pay to get sleep and rest. They said it was no problem as the area closes at 11:00 p.m. I did not complain until 12:30 a.m. Staff was very unfriendly and rude. I stay in this area quite often on business and always book two rooms. I will not be back.

Room Tip: book a room away from the outside lounge.
1 Thank Terry26767
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

What a great place! The hotel is located close to the airport (but no airplane noise at all) and it's only a 3-5 minute drive to CityPlace. The rooms are huge! High ceilings, modern furniture, big bathroom, even the desk chair is so fancy that it comes with a manual. The rooms are also equipped with a microwave, fridge, and coffee machine. The staff is great. The gentleman who works the front desk, Steve, couldn't have been more nice or professional and the rest of the staff including the people who work the bar/restaurant are great and really caters to the customer's needs. Their only knock is the gym. It's pretty small with only a few machines.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Lovely big rooms with microwave, coffee machine, fridge and ironong facilities. Comfortable beds with lovely linen. Great shower in the bathroom with a haridryer, all handy when it rains!
Easy to locate and less than 5 mins to the golf course. Breakfast was extra but many restaurants and delis nearby Gym faciltites were acceptable and the use of washers and dryers are a must in a golf dominant hotel. Speedy check out is great. The hotel was generally clean and quiet with knowledgable staff and a lovely pool area which would have been used had the weather been kind!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Hollywood, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Holy Molee...what a crap hole ! I stay at Hilton properties about 20 times a month and this one takes the cake for pure filth....of any hotel I have stayed in. There is a Hampton Inn right next door that I have stayed at, that is not as bad. Don't be fooled by the updated lobby, looks very trendy. The A/C unit in my room was so unpredictable, didn't match the settings I put the temps to. Also, there are motion lights in the bathroom that go on every time you enter, even in the middle of the night, so you get a nice wake up light when you go to the bathroom unless you pee in the bed. Also, while you are trying to take a shower in the pitiful excuse of a shower with hardly any water pressure, the light turns off in the middle of your shower, so you have to feel around or wave your arms in the air to get it to turn back on. All requests made to the mgmt. to fix these things went unattended. Also, the carpet in the room had a slimy sticky feel to it, the furniture was in pitiful condition. I suppose since they have a banking training center right next door and the cruise port, its just a cattle call of company/vacation money...so they do not have to try and it SHOWS. Doesn't deserve to be in the HGI class....more like a motorcourt along the bad side of I-95.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel !
1 Thank chamsachamsa