“Don't bother”

Days Inn West Palm Beach
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The location of this property is right off I95. The property looks decent from the outside but the rooms need MAJOR upgrading. The bathroom walls are peeling and the towels were yellow. The beds were OK. We later found out from friends the property was in a high crime area. To be honest we did not select this property. It was selected for us as a reward for sitting through a timeshare presentation. It would not have been my choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn West Palm Beach

Reviewed 12 February 2012

i found this place a comfortable place to stay spent 2 nights there and had no problems. had security on site and seen him around property. nice pool and hot tub clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2012

this hotel was well maintained. the staff were extremely nice and accomodating. this hotel is a great value for the money. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I booked two rooms for two nights, as a place to stay prior to taking a cruise last week. I got a greatly discounted price because I took the non-refundable option. At the time of booking (Oct. 2011) I read reviews which made me feel comfortable. In early January, I again looked at reviews on google trips. They were horrible, and left me feeling sick. I was worried there may be some truth to the bad reviews. I had no choice but to ride it out, at least until I had a strong enough reason to up and leave the hotel OR lose the cost of the hotel rooms.
Some reviews stated it was a bad neighborhood. #1 Anything just off the 95 is typically bad. # 2 This wasnt a neighborhood at all, it was cordoned off to a point where anyone wanting to come on the property either has to come in the main entrance, swim, or parachute. It has the 95 on one side, the main road (45th street), and river on the other two sides. The area wasnt super high class, but the hotel is disconnected, so it shouldnt make a difference. I was pleased with the room. It was fairly recently updated, and clean. My kids swam in the pool. The premises were well maintained. The staff were very nice (manager and maintanance guy). There were a couple semi trucks parked there, but they were out of the way at the back of the lot....I would gladly stay here again. Its a shame there are misleading reviews out there.

Room Tip: Get a room in the 206 - 210 range or similar, second floor overlooking the pool. This is the good r...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I thought this place was a decent value....but....
The room was dirty, truckers hanging out in the breezeway drinking beer, and well, the pet policy. My sister came by for 2 hours and brought her dog. The front desk found out and decided to charge me $80! Their fee for a pet overnight is $30. If they catch you and you didn't tell them, they have a punitive charge of another $50. I tried to reason with the manager and clerk and ask them to just charge me the $30. They obviously needed the money badly - I won't ever stay at another Days Inn. Especially this one. Too many other places with decent service and cleanliness to choose from. There's a reason it was a cheap hotel.

Room Tip: Cheap does not always mean a good value!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We landed here by coincidence, looking for an affordable nights stay, but stayed an extra night because the beds were sooooo good. We really enjoyed the clean room and friendly staff, the internet works fine if you're in the right rooms. As ours did not connect, the lady at the front desk offered a different room on the inside, which was very comfortable and quiet.
As there was plenty of parking nearby, and this hotel is neatly near the highway, I highly recommend this to anybody visiting Palm Beach, that does not want to stay right neat town.
You might want to dine before arriving, as there is not much choice on walking distance, though the Ihop was fine too.

Room Tip: take a room on the inside, these are very comfortable and quiet, you can sit outside and enjoy the w...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sto7
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here in the past and I recently visited the area again, the rooms have been kept in great condition, very clean and comfortable. The manager was very hlepful, he allowed us to leave our car on the property until we return from our cruise.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
daysbeach, General Manager at Days Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Dear Days Inn Valued Guest,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Days Inn West Palm Beach hotel.
Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Andrew Hill