Fort Young Hotel(Roseau)
US$121
US$114
US$72
Orbitz.com
Natty Tropical Valley(Roseau)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$68
US$64
US$127
US$107
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
US$83
Orbitz.com
All reviewswaitukubuli trailpetit paradiswithin walking distancehot springslentilsjoanspasscrewssourceguesthousesinkhostsbirdsporchsegmentnaturedominica
Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

A beautiful paradise on the most beautiful island of the world
Nice rooms and very nice people
Very affordable and is close to screw and tias for the hot springs
Food is okay also very affordable and the owner joan is a very nice lady

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed February 26, 2017

Le Petit Paradis is a great place to meet and talk with other walkers. The hosts Joan and Al are an excellent source of local information and very helpful in organizing rides to the various walks in the area. We stayed for three days and felt very at home sampling Joan's fabulous Dominican cuisine, sampling her famous rum punch and relaxing in the calm tranquility of the resort.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

I decided at the last minute to stay at the Le Petit Paradis Guesthouse for four days during recent traveled to Dominica to visit family. Joan and Al were very hospitable, made me feel at home, and as if they were part of my family as well. On a few occasions, I came in late and was so grateful that they were still willing to provide a meal.

Speaking of meals, the food was great! I found comfort in the fact the meals prepared reminded me of my favorite local dishes prepared by my uncle. Loved the fact that there was an array of filling vegetarian meal options to include breadfruit, lentils, plantains, and more. The food was very well seasoned and set the standard for the rest of my meals, so much that we visited another place to eat downtown and all I could think of was coming back to Mrs. Joan's restaurant at Le Petit for some tasty comfort food. Also, I ordered tea on several occasions and loved the fact I didn't see a tea bag bc I had fresh ginger steeping in my cup which also had boiled cinnamon in there as well.

I stayed in the Grapefruit room and felt it was perfect, you can see the grapefruit tree right outside the porch door (not sure if that's a coincidence but enjoyed it still). Loved waking up and falling asleep to all of natures acoustics. From the birds and other things chirping/singing away to even the soothing rain at night, the sounds of nature eased me to sleep on several occasions. Upon waking up I always went to the porch to bask in the greenery of the country side. Every now and then you can even see the steam from the neighboring sulfur springs.

Le Petite is also perfectly located and within walking distance of several sulfur springs - Ti Kwen Glo Sho, Tia's, Screws... and I believe it's called D'scape (I didn't have enough time to explore the last one). I walked to a different sulfur spring every day of my stay which made for a perfect and relaxing morning start.

Lastly, there was taxi service provided which helped a lot with linking up with my family locally, and getting to and from the airport. Although I didn't have time for excursions and activities I still met several other visitors who talked about trails in the area and other means of exploring the island by just walking from this location. I would definitely stay here again and recommend Le Petite to other nature lovers and foodies alike.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2017

We stayed here as it was the first place our tired legs carried us to after finishing hiking a segment of the Waitukubuli Trail. The place was pretty, well taken care of, and had a nice atmosphere.

However, the guy who checked us in was promptly yelled at for telling us the wrong price by the owner, who then huffed that she guessed she had to give us the lowered rate now, making us feel bad. She seemed to be in a bad mood the whole stay, which soured the experience a bit for us. Seeing the other reviews here, perhaps we simply caught her at a bad time.

The room we stayed in was tiny, barely enough room for our packs. The shower was only separated from the rest of the room by a curtain with nowhere to put your clothes or towel, which was a little awkward as I was travelling with my adult brother and Mom. Just didn't work well (a lot of "dude, can you close your eyes while I run into the bathroom?", that sort of thing). The sink was also clogged. And there were no top sheets on the bed, just a comforter, which my germaphobe Mom didn't particularly care for.

On the other hand, the food was excellent. Exactly what we needed after hiking all day long. Pretty birds, and I suppose we were nearby a lot of awesome sites. Nice views. The restaurant/bar had a great atmosphere, with cool plants and lights. I LOVED the vibe in there. The waiter was super awesome too, a really friendly guy. He really made the dinner experience great.

Side note: wifi only worked upstairs in the restaurant.

I probably would consider staying here again, but maybe check the room first to make sure you get a good one. And stay on the good side of the lady owner. If you're hiking the Waitukubuli, it couldn't be placed more perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2016

This guesthouse is a completely lovely place to stay. The hosts are extremely friendly people, who were happy to help with anything we needed and even offered us any fruit we wanted form the lush garden behind the guesthouse. The meals in the restaurant are delicious, but you can cook yourself in a kitchenette if you want to. There are a bunch of hammocks around to laze in, or even sleep in overnight if you want to wake up with a view of the mountains! The rooms were very comfortable and cozy. As for the location, it is extremely picturesque and quaint. There is public transportation to Roseau running right outside the door and a wonderful hot spring venue very close by. Because it is a little further up in the mountains, the air is slightly cooler, which is nice after a day at the coast or after hiking in the sun. All in all, me and my friends had a wonderful few days here, and I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a place with lots of local charm!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends