“Dirty”

China Wok
Ranked #152 of 226 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have had food from there before but on my last two visits, the place was dirty. I thought that it was just a "fluke" the first time so I did try again.... no better...... have not been back!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice little chinese restaurant where you can eat in or carry out. Always busy... The food is great, lunch portions nice, friendly staff

1  Thank Janine H
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Ever since we noticed a marked and repeated decline in the quality of food from Golden Wok, which used to be our reliable source for Chinese take-out, my husband and I have searched in vain for a substitute in Winter Haven. Unfortunately, we did not find it at China Wok. Better than several of the other places we have tried and rejected, this restaurant does not serve food that is too salty or greasy or marred by a weird or unpleasant taste. However, while not bad, my Shrimp Chow Mein just tasted like rice, shrimp, vegetables, and chow mein noodles. It was fresh, but it lacked the essential elements necessary to create a dish that is a holistic union of its parts with a cohesion that takes the experience to the next level from giving me the impression that I could throw it together on my own without a recipe. The hunt continues.