“Best Rinjani Trekking Company”

Hallo Trekker - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our professional guides are experienced trekkers and can provide expert knowledge of Mount Rinjani volcano, Senaru-Bayan villages, Lombok Island and beyond. Our trekking packages include a professional guide and porters to assist you on your trek and tour. We can cater for the individual traveler, families or groups of any size and every budget, from comfortable and basic to luxury.
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We hit the jackpot with hiring this trekking agency for our rinjani hike for the following reasons:-
-the trip was well planned
-guides were friendly and experienced
- they will pull you up to the summit if they have to
- provided transport all the way to our next destination,gilli islands
-hospitable and sincere trekking agency
-they take very good care of you up in the mountain

Shoutout to our amazing guides and porters- Freddy, San and fendi

And to the the boss Efendi for being so generous and kind with us .

All reviews
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"hard job"

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Went rinjani for my first hiking birthday trip with my colleagues. Wouldn’t have asked for any better team cause the team i got was awesome. From pickup at the airport to the end of our hike, Ham and his team(Irsan and Faisal and another 2 porters and the driver too, sorry i’m very bad at names) was very helpful, informative, easy going and fun. Me and my colleagues were probably the slowest group they ever had haha but they were very patience with us. After all, they keep reminding us that this isn’t a competition so go at our own pace. Totally respect the porters as even after they’re tired carrying our necessities, they still served us great food and garnished it nicely. It’s like dining in 5 star restaurant on the mountain.

It was fun having them while trekking as we sang for a little. They were funny too so we were distracted from feeling the soreness in our legs and all we wanted was to reach the crater rim before the sun sets. And we did it!
We had our moments talking with them while they were cooking dinner for us.

So our package was 2D1N summit. It was a bad choice from my side as we thought we could conquer the summit in that short period of time. We underestimated Rinjani We start our hike on 4/7 and booked our flight to our next destination on 5/7. Another mistake haha. So on the second day, one of us(there are 3) had major leg cramps and decided not to try summit. At first, i thought i should accompany my friend cause i was having mixed emotions, the cold weather and soreness in my leg muscles. And most importantly if we have enough time to reach to the airport on time. But Ham kept asking if i’m sure i don’t want to at least try and looking at those who’ve started walking made me want to do it too. So only 2 of us went up.

The worst thing i could think of happened. I had anxiety attack while climbing and brokedown. Now i agree with Mr Fendi, Ham and his team. That it’s all in the mind not the physical. I was afraid of the steepness but Ham handled me well. I mean not everyone could handle someone who’s having an anxiety attack but Ham wasn’t pushy. He let me take my time to sort out my emotions. We actually stopped every 10-20m up and everytime i said let’s just stop here and go down, Ham would say “we try go up a little more and we can rest there”. I didn’t realise until we reached the first point of half of the summit. Unbelievable! Even though time doesn’t permits us to reach summit, it was still an achievement for me. On our way down back to sembalun village, my legs gave up on me and wouldn’t cooperate so i took a longer time. My friends were far ahead of me cause we were catching our flight. Tried my best to pace up but my legs were in pain. This one i have to thank Ham for his patience. Definitely know his job well, accompanied and guided me while everyone were ahead making sure i was fine and even helped me carry my shoes when i couldn’t take it wearing it.

Ohya! We celebrated my birthday at the campsite during breakfast hehe. They sang a song for me. I was so honoured and of course loving the view.

Overall, great experience and awesome service from Ham, Irsan and team. Also, a friendship built. Definitely recommended! And i’m definitely coming back for more days with Hallo Trekker (:

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

This was such an amazing adventure! From the very beginning of the process when we first booked the tour online till when a car was called for us to drive us to our next destination after finishing the climb, we have had an excellent experience with Hallo Trekker.

Prendi was very kind and helpful through it all. He responded as fast as could be expected given the different time zones we were working in when first scheduling the tour. I think perhaps if anyone is trying to get in contact with Hallo Trekker, it is probably best to use the whatsapp app or Facebook Messenger instead of relying on email. Overall, in Asia, responses seemed to come faster via whatsapp.

Also, take all of Prendi's advice! My husband and I carried large hiking packs up the mountain and had the porters carry very little of our own personal gear aside from our sleeping bags and sleeping pads. While it was fine and doable, I wish now that we had hired one more porter to carry the packs and we'd just carried small day packs. But it was our first time doing a hike with hired porters so we didn't quite know what to expect. By the way, the sleeping bags and pads Hallo Trekker provides are fine. We just prefer sleeping in our own gear. But if you do bring your own, expect to have it get very dirty!

This hike is definitely not easy. I'm athletic and am in good shape. I work out regularly, I run a 5k weekly (albeit on flat ground) and in under 30 minutes, and I was doing a mile of stairs regularly in preparation for this hike, and I still found it extremely difficult. It's a STEEP uphill climb for two days straight, and the last push climb to the summit is a real doozy. That took as much mental strength as it did physical strength. Then it's a short break before some very steep downhill climbing. The last bit of the hike is a more "leisurely" downhill through the jungle, which still was tough because my legs were basically shot by this point. But man are the views and the overall experience worth it! There is such a rewarding sense of accomplishment in having summitted Mt. Rinjani that it made the hard physical exertion worth it.

Our guide, Omar, as well as the porters Andy, Achip, and Nasir were all very kind and considerate. The food was delicious and plentiful. For more than a couple of meals we had to regretfully leave food on our plates because we were too full to finish them. Omar made sure we never fell too far behind, and I was constantly in awe of the porters who did the same hike that we did but in sandals, smoking a cigarette, and carrying a heavy load. They never seemed out of breath. Almost irritating when I'm bent over to catch my breath!

To anyone trying to decide which trekking company to use, I highly recommend Hallo Trekker. Prendi treated us as family from the moment we got in, and I liked that he took pride in treating all of his employees very well. His consideration showed in how his guide and other employees also helped take care of us. There were complications in us getting to Lombok due to Mt. Agung erupting, but Prendi was quick to adapt and find a way to make sure his driver could still pick us up wherever we finally landed on the island. We always felt extremely safe with his people. This was a positive experience in every respect, and I want to thank Hallo Trekker for helping give us a truly once in a lifetime memorable experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing trip with Hallo Trekker
Special thanks to our guide Ferdy
Took special care of all of us