Review Highlights

Reviewed July 29, 2018
agpb
Barcelona
via mobile

All reviews ham excellent communication my friend crater rim the owner nice gesture water provided real heroes main guide high winds challenging experience star service mount rinjani soft drinks these guys entire journey gili islands
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We climbed Rinjani together with Hallo Trekker. The communication with the owner was already very good and we met our guide San (see picture)! The day after we started climbing and San and also the porters took great care of us! When we were climbing to the summit we faced the horrible experience of our live - the ground started shaking and San helped my girlfriend to pull her towards safer grounds. He stayed calm and helped us to get back down. When we got back we immediately were taking care off and dropped off at Praya airport. San saved our lives and I am very graceful and thankful for that! So, if you are still have the idea to climb the mountain, go for Hallo, since loads of guides from other companies ran off and kept there clients in despair on the top!

1  Thank Maarten v
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked the 3D2N trekking after reading all the comments in Trip Advisor. The owner, Rustang was great with all the previous indications before traveling. They pick you up from any place in Lombok and take you to a hostel to spend the night before (it’s basic but clean and has everything you need). Rustang explains you everything about the trekking. Our guide was Ham, and I can’t express how good he has been troughout the whole trekking. Not only he has been super caring all the time, but also extremely professional and efficient. The food was always good and in great quantity, I could never finish it.

Today there has been and 6.4 earthquake in Lombok, the heaviest in 30 years. Ham and Rustang did their best to make sure we arrived safely to the town, and then rapidly found out us a car that took us to the airport, which is not obvious in this situation.

We will always be very grateful. I would definitely recommend Hallo Trekker to everyone.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend booked a 3 days 2 nights tour with HalloTrekker and when we arrived at lombok after a tiring day we were picked up by a nice driver, sending us to our accomodation that was clean and comfortable. The next day, we were very tired woke up late and was greeted by our lovely organizer

= FENDY!
He was understanding towards us and waited for us to have breakfast patiently, even though we were probably already supposed to leave earlier. He explained the terms and what we were in for during breakfast and was overall a good organizer.

For our trek up, we had an amazing time with our knowledgable and caring guide,

= OMAR!
My friend who was with me was a first timer for trekking and climbing rinjani was both scary and physically tiring for him. Thankfully he was very patient and understanding - providing help along the way. I appreciate what he did for my friend, taking care of my friend’s safety first and foremost even when my friend gave up halfway up to the summit, Omar stayed behind to help take care of my friend who was very tired. He held my friend’s hands and also took care of my friend’s phobias on the way down.

After I completed my reach to the summit, me and my friends both needed to leave the program halfway due to extreme fatigue, but we were worried about where we going to stay if we left mt rinjani ( we were supposed to stay one more night in the mountains )

Not to worry for our guide made a call to fendy and within minutes we were told everything was going to be okay! feeling assured, we eventually made our way out of rinjani safely where we were driven first - to hallotrekker office where we were given refreshments after a long 2 days.
Then we were driven to second place where we were given accomodation for the night!
Breakfast was also settled the following day.

We orignally wanted to visit “Tiu Kelip” and “Sendang Gile” at the start of our stay before going to rinjani but failed to because of issues of waiting times at bali ferry terminal. Following that, me and my friend were quite sad. But to our surprise, FENDY organized a short trip for us to the waterfalls after breakfast that very day! With the caring OMAR being our guide again!

FENDY finally took extra steps to make sure we were transferred to our next island post-rinjani!

Me and my friend really loved how they emphasised safety and also making sure that we were taken care of in every way they can.

OMAR and FENDY - thank you ! Highly Recommended

1  Thank AliffH42
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

This is my first trekking up to a mountain and I am very grateful for Hallo Trekker.

Starting from our guide, also known as our big brother, Ham, you have brought warmth to our trip. Your stories about life lessons, motivation during our exhausted moments, your funny jokes will never be forgotten! Our porters, who carried our food up to the top and cooked delicious meals for us. I will never forget your effort in the ever beautiful presentation of art in meals you have provided for us throughout 3D2N.

Lastly, for Fandi - the organiser of the trip - was very patient in communicating and explaining about the journey. You took the extra mile in ensuring our safety and condition, thank you.

Besides their kind gestures, they have good english too, so if you guys are looking someone whom you can contact with ease, do search for Hallo Trekker.

Thank you so much for the experience.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

My husband and I loved our Rinjani hiking experience with Hallo Trekker! Even before we arrived in Indonesia, communicating with Rustam, the manager of the company, was simple and easy. I was also very impressed with how Rustam handled our last minute request*. San, our guide, was great during the trek itself - he helped navigate more steep areas and always offered a hand when you needed extra balance. Our porters made delicious, warm food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Our table was the envy of the volcano because of how delicious and beautiful our food was. Would love to come back to do the summit one day! We highly recommend Hallo Trekker!

*We originally booked a 3D/2N summit trek but an injury I got earlier in the year started acting up the day before we were to start. We contacted Rustam via email and WhatsApp and he was able to change our trek to the 2D/1N to crater rim trek. We still were on the hook for the price of the 3D/2N summit trek but that's understandable since we were the ones who requested the last minute change.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Great experience hiking Rinjani with Hallo Trekker. San, my guide, and everyone involved in the hike where kind and helpful. I had a great time and i do recommend this company for a fun experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

First off: If you are considering if you should do the Mt Rinjani trek, then DO IT! And definitely do it with Hallo Trekker!

From start to finish, Hallo Trekker was a professional and pleasant company to trek with. The day before the trek, they picked us up at the airport and drove us to a nice hotel in Senaru (it definitely exceeded our expectations, as we thought it would be very basic). Fendi (everyone calls him "the boss") gave us an excellent introduction to the tour, and Freddy (our awesome guide) brought us to see two beautiful waterfalls in Senaru. The next day, we started our 2d1n trek with Freddy and our two amazing porters (Eddi and Adet - not sure how to spell them, sorry!). Freddy kept our spirits high during the trip and provided us with PLENTY of snacks and drinks, and the porters cooked us amazing food and got us the best spot at the crater rim with an amazing view of the lake. After the trip, we were driven to our next destination. All of this was included in the price, and we felt that we got great value for our money! We couldn't have asked for a better team - they do a great job, and they will definitely do everything so you can enjoy your trip. We also like the fact that all the guides and porters are locals, and it seems like Fendi cares a lot about their well-being. It really makes you want to support the company.

As for the hike itself, the view from Senaru crater rim was mindblowing. We decided not to summit this time, but we felt like it wasn't necessary as we could see everything from the crater rim. Some day we will return and do a 3d2n trip to the summit - and we will definitely go with Hallo Trekker again!

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Just completed an amazing 3D2N with Hallo Trekker.

Shoutout to my guide- Freddy, who gave me plenty of assistance and encouragement when the climb got tough and was highly observant of my needs and emotions.

The porters- Eddy & Ari, were awesome as well! Getting things well set up ahead of time and cooking great meals for me everyday.

Lastly, thanks to Effendi! Thanks for being accommodating and responsive. You’re running a great company completed with the best staff :)

In short, this is a wonderful company to trek with. You won’t regret it!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We hit the jackpot with hiring this trekking agency for our rinjani hike for the following reasons:-
-the trip was well planned
-guides were friendly and experienced
- they will pull you up to the summit if they have to
- provided transport all the way to our next destination,gilli islands
-hospitable and sincere trekking agency
-they take very good care of you up in the mountain

Shoutout to our amazing guides and porters- Freddy, San and fendi

And to the the boss Efendi for being so generous and kind with us .

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Went rinjani for my first hiking birthday trip with my colleagues. Wouldn’t have asked for any better team cause the team i got was awesome. From pickup at the airport to the end of our hike, Ham and his team(Irsan and Faisal and another 2 porters and the driver too, sorry i’m very bad at names) was very helpful, informative, easy going and fun. Me and my colleagues were probably the slowest group they ever had haha but they were very patience with us. After all, they keep reminding us that this isn’t a competition so go at our own pace. Totally respect the porters as even after they’re tired carrying our necessities, they still served us great food and garnished it nicely. It’s like dining in 5 star restaurant on the mountain.

It was fun having them while trekking as we sang for a little. They were funny too so we were distracted from feeling the soreness in our legs and all we wanted was to reach the crater rim before the sun sets. And we did it!
We had our moments talking with them while they were cooking dinner for us.

So our package was 2D1N summit. It was a bad choice from my side as we thought we could conquer the summit in that short period of time. We underestimated Rinjani We start our hike on 4/7 and booked our flight to our next destination on 5/7. Another mistake haha. So on the second day, one of us(there are 3) had major leg cramps and decided not to try summit. At first, i thought i should accompany my friend cause i was having mixed emotions, the cold weather and soreness in my leg muscles. And most importantly if we have enough time to reach to the airport on time. But Ham kept asking if i’m sure i don’t want to at least try and looking at those who’ve started walking made me want to do it too. So only 2 of us went up.

The worst thing i could think of happened. I had anxiety attack while climbing and brokedown. Now i agree with Mr Fendi, Ham and his team. That it’s all in the mind not the physical. I was afraid of the steepness but Ham handled me well. I mean not everyone could handle someone who’s having an anxiety attack but Ham wasn’t pushy. He let me take my time to sort out my emotions. We actually stopped every 10-20m up and everytime i said let’s just stop here and go down, Ham would say “we try go up a little more and we can rest there”. I didn’t realise until we reached the first point of half of the summit. Unbelievable! Even though time doesn’t permits us to reach summit, it was still an achievement for me. On our way down back to sembalun village, my legs gave up on me and wouldn’t cooperate so i took a longer time. My friends were far ahead of me cause we were catching our flight. Tried my best to pace up but my legs were in pain. This one i have to thank Ham for his patience. Definitely know his job well, accompanied and guided me while everyone were ahead making sure i was fine and even helped me carry my shoes when i couldn’t take it wearing it.

Ohya! We celebrated my birthday at the campsite during breakfast hehe. They sang a song for me. I was so honoured and of course loving the view.

Overall, great experience and awesome service from Ham, Irsan and team. Also, a friendship built. Definitely recommended! And i’m definitely coming back for more days with Hallo Trekker (: