See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Since I prefer to support local small businesses, I thought I'd give this place a chance. Well, it wasn't a mistake, but it was certainly a contradiction of "pros" and "cons". Here they are - you decide! If you want Hilton quality at Hampton prices, then you shouldn't even be reading this. To the rest of you who can overlook the "That's to be expected" appearance of a 60-year-old US highway wayside motel, then you might like this place.
CONS: The front-desk clerk was 'home town country" in her approach to all aspects of here job. To be more specific might seem unkind, which would not be my intent.
The walls of the room were showing signs of bad patching and bad painting.
The bathroom colors were very "dated" (pink).
The wiring has obviously been handled by someone who is NOT a licensed electrician. The scorch marks above one outlet in the bathroom definitely caught my attention.
There is no clock - radio.
There is little sound insulation.
There is no breakfast of any kind. The only reason THIS is a "con" is because of the biggest "Con" of all: the price. At almost $68, inclusive, this was as much as some of the "chain" hotels that at LEAST give you a "continental" breakfast. I would have expected the price to be closer to $49.
PROS: The front-desk clerk was "real", no pretenses, and friendly. She tried to be as helpful as she could and was efficient in getting me through the "check-in" process.
All rooms are ground floor.
The A/C, though old, worked quite well.
The hot water was hot, the shower was a real shower (not a shower head in a bathtub, which so many of the high-priced "chain" motels use!), there were most of the expected "amenities (and the frig-freezer worked fairly well, ALMOST freezing my water bottles), and the curtains covered the windows properly.
The doors use programmed swipe "key" cards!
There were a LOT of TV channel choices. And it worked quite well.
Finally, the bed and pillows were surprisingly quite comfortable. Even after I woke up this morning, I laid down a short time later and fell right back asleep!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Rooms are very clean and well maintained.
I've stayed at this hotel about 6 times. Each time the service has been excellent, very friendly and helpful staff.
The room had a micro wave and refrigerator and all worked good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this place because I was stranded with a broke down truck in the shop overnight. This was the only place available that had an opening that would take me and my 2 dogs for the night. Arrived about 8:30pm by cab and was given the only room they have with no carpet because of the pets. We had to walk across the very dark parking lot to our room. As we approached, the lady staying in the room next to us was standing outside the door smoking. She asked me if I had a vehicle she could borrow. The outside of the doorway had enough cigarette butts for you to trip over although these were no smoking rooms. We had to walk thru a cloud of smoke to get to our door. When we walked in the room it smelled like musk and mold. Finally figured out it was the A/C unit, but it was so hot there was nothing that could be done. Me and my dogs had been broke down in the sweltering heat of Florida for over 6 hours with no air conditioning so we would just deal with the smell. I went in to take a shower and the exhaust fan had no cover and was totally disgusting. Finally went out to lay in the bed and as I looked up to the ceiling the view was very disturbing. Parts of the ceiling were rotting and falling down. Unfortunately, we did have to stay the night. I'm a 50 year old disabled woman who was 1000 miles away from home with 2 very small dogs that were close to heat exhaustion from having the day from hell. We had no food, no water and no vehicle. Then to top it all off our next door neighbor had people in and out the room all night banging the front door. We had very little sleep that night. The next day as I walked the key to back to the front office I found used hypodermic needles in the driveway. A day or two later I was loaded with bug bites. They had to come from this place. They charged me $90 for the night to stay here. Keep your money and keep moving. Don't stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Friendly staff that had a solution for everything we needed. Basic facilites, weighted up by good staff. I would much rather stay here, where you can help your self and get all assistance if you need it, rather than in the big fancy hotel where you have to pay extra for every simple service. FREE PARKING.room are comfortable and clean.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bpindia288
Reviewed April 12, 2017

comfortable beds , nice and clean .
rates are very good and front desk lady was nicely talk , like RFID locks
seems more safe place. all store and restaurant near by also walmart with in ten miles and beaches close by

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business