“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Great service. The owner is nice and wait staff is kind. The food is good and a wonderful einviornment to bring a family.

Date of visit: April 2018
Manny P, Owner at Sunrise Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Philip,

Thank you so much for your pleasant comments. it was our pleasure serving you and hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,
Manny

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Went for lunch while visiting friends in Lakeland, and since the place looked busy thought we’d give it a try. We did wait around 10 minutes but then was seated promptly, and our waitress Jess took care of us. The menu is so diverse, wow! Greek platters, gyro meat, usual breakfast fair, liver and onions, salads, fish and chips, turkey with gravy, and well, a whole lot more! I decided on the small Greek Salad and added chicken to it, hubby had the roast turkey (not the pressed stuff), our friend had liver and onions (not my fave) and his wife had a waffle with pecans and cranberries! Every dish was so good, real home cooking! My salad had a whole grilled chicken breast on top of the salad, nice and fresh! My husband loved the turkey and h s very finicky about turkey and gravy since sometimes it tastes like a Stouffer frozen dinner. My friend that had the waffle said it was light and fluffy, and came with warmed syrup, that’s a nice touch. All in all a great experience, reasonable prices, great wait staff, and not rushed. Deserts looked wonderful, just didn’t have any more room! Would definitely come again. Did not give it 5 stars since the bathroom needed attention in my opinion.

Date of visit: April 2018

Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you very much for your outstanding comments. We are very happy you gave us a chance. Hope to see you again on your next visit.

Best wishers,
Manny

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Comfort food at its best. All your favorite diner selections made well. Last visit I had fish & chips and previous time, Liver, bacon & onions. Both were great! .

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Sunrise is a very busy restaurant! Call ahead and they will reserve a "number" for you so you can be seated quicker. I really love the Greek food and the desserts. It is an American restaurant so much more than Greek is available if you don't like that. My other favorite is the prime rib. Theirs is the best I have had!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

This spot is very popular with locals and visitors and, for the most part, there is a wait. The food is well worth the wait, however. Everything is homemade, the portions are large, and the prices are quite reasonable. The entire staff, including management, is very friendly and outgoing. They serve breakfast all day and you must check out their pies and other desserts....they are huge!

Date of visit: March 2018