“I guess you get what you pay for”

Best Western Milton Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Blairsville
GA
“I guess you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 10 October 2009

It was a special of $65 per night, and we needed just a place to sleep after a wedding in the area. The hotel was old, and I actually worried about the cleanliness, but I didn't want to dwell on it, as I had to stay there. However there were no obvious signs that it wasn't clean. The towels were thin, and the shower rod was hanging by a thread, the coffe maker was questionable and we only got 1 pack of coffee. You could tell there had been attempts at trying to cosmetically spruce up. There was a gap under the threshold of the room, which is how I'm sure the snake got in the room. Yes you read correctly. A snake. It was a baby, but it was curled up next to the toilet when I got up the next morning. The desk person brought us something so we could get it out of the room, as apparently he was too afraid. Needless to say we got dressed and packed up, to leave, but stopped for the unsatisfying continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbieGa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Very happy with the balcony room. Great wireless internet, Average continental breakfast. Would stay at it again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We made our reservation online for this particular hotel. We were visiting the Blairsville area and from the description and amenities I assumed this would suffice. I was wrong. The room we stayed in had no rubber sweep on the bottom of the door to prevent bugs, snakes and heat to come in. I quickly stuffed a towel over the opening. My husband went to take a shower and snared 2 baby cockroaches crawling around in the tub. You don't want to even touch the remote control to the TV without either gloves or other protection. It was filthy to say the least. I didn't want to touch anything in this room. The owner's of this hotel are very friendly and nice. The front lobby area where the office is is beautifully decorated and very clean which gives one the impression that the rooms are going to be just as impressive and attractive.. Sorry I could not give a better review of this hotel ... I will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Blairsville hotels

Stockholm
Reviewed 9 August 2008

We stayed at a room with balcony and this was a very good choice. The room was big, nicely decorated and well equiped. The staff was kind and friendly.

• Liked — The overall value
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
southwest virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2007

Made a reservation through Travelocity and was quoted the price for a 3 night stay for a lower floor (handicapped)non-smoking room. When I checked in, I had to pay more that what was quoted and had to accept it because there was no other rooms available in the area. I was given my key and found out that I had a smoking room on the second floor. The room reeked of cigarette smoke and I had to go to a grocery store and get an air freshner to be able to breathe in the room. All of my party was allergic to smoke smells. Next was the fact that I had to climb 2 small flights of steps to get to my room which was difficult as I am handicapped. The toilet in my room ran constantly unless you shook the handle every time you used it. I complained to the desk clerk upon checkout of all the mistakes and errors and he blaimed Travelocity for all the errors. I will not stay at this motel again and I dont recommend it for seniors or handicapped people. I will have to say that this is one of the worst operated Best Western motels that I have stayed in.

• Liked — nearness to the festival that I came for
  • Disliked — office dest personnels attitudes
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank bubba61
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 26 July 2006

I booked our reservation by telephone for a three night stay at Best Western, Milton Inn to travel with my husband. I was given a confirmation number and a price quote for the stay and had also written down the name of the person handling our reservation. Upon arrival, we were given a higher rate to pay. When we told the clerk, which turned out to be the owner, that this was incorrect and tried to explain that we had been given a quote, etc. he proceeded to scream at us, demanding that we pay the higher price. We were shocked!! We wanted to turn around and run but had no other place to go. I told him that he should honor the quote and gave him the name of the person handling this reservation. After a very long, embarrasing and heated discussion, he agreed to charge only one half of the increase. As we had no other place to go and was on the last part of our one week vacation, we agreed to the higher rate. Money was NOT the object. We had stayed the previous 4 days at one of the cabins in the mountains, had no problems and would have stayed there the entire week had it not been booked. We have never been so humiliated and embarrased at checking in to a public place. The room was not all that great and especially for the cost. We would never stay at this motel again and do not recommend it at all.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price gouging and not too clean
  • Tips/Secrets — Beware
  • Stayed October 2005, travelled as a couple
9 Thank HappyBeach
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2005

We have stayed here several times. Each time it has been clean and cheap with very comfy beds.

Sharron

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
20.2 km away
23.8 km away
Days Inn Murphy
Days Inn Murphy
#4 of 6 in Murphy

Been to Best Western Milton Inn? Share your experiences!