“Valentines Day Celebration”
Review of Harvest on Main

Harvest on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's best to make reservations for Harvest. It's a business casual kind of dress code. Nice ambiance with a cozy fire place in the middle of the dinning room. Spacious yet still intimate. Though they have a kids meal we only saw like 2 children the entire time we were there. I would describe this as more of a classy friends night out or a date night kind of place. They have an extensive drink menu but most drinks go for $8-$13.00. They have a specialized beer menu but they are $5.50 for a 12 ounce bottle. We started with the PEI mussels which were very good and very fresh. Save some of your bread so you can sop up that delicious broth it comes in. I ordered the Red snapper special which is the entire fish stuffed with crab, potatoes and onions for 26.99. If you're not big eaters this can feed 2 people. My wife got the duck 2 ways (25.99). It was very well cooked and loaded with the fatty but delicious duck flavor. They give you some crispy duck skin which was also very tasty. The mushroom risotto was cooked perfectly. If you need a side house salad you can get one for only $2.00 and the pickled green beans on top are very good (my wife and I split one). We had to box up some of our food as the portions were decent size but we saved room for the dessert. We got the peanut butter mousse with dark chocolate shavings; not too sweet and not too heavy. This dish is also good to share as it's 4-5 oz of dessert and just enough for 2 people after a large meal. It was $7.00. All in our date night bill cost around $80.00. They offer a military discount with ID. A few things to consider: this place is not speedy, nor should it be; it's not that kind of place. We were there 2 hours and 15 minutes from start to finish (we had reservations and sat right down when we got there) and not because we wanted to linger and talk. You can sit outside which is nice if there is good weather. There is one particular waiter who has been serving for 20 years. He's very loud and tells stories and talks a lot. If you want to be left alone to enjoy a good quiet meal with your spouse; avoid him. There were times my and wife and I couldn't even talk to each from how loud he was with his tables. All in all it was very good food and we would surely go back for another date night; don't think we would take the kids.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We had a very nice dinner at this restaurant, we both had the scallops and they were cooked to perfection. The dinning area was very inviting and the noise level was good. The only issue we had was with the service, our server disappeared for long periods of time, he was not very attentive and on one occasion when a drink was changed from sweet tea to water he just poured the water into the same glass.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We had reservations for lunch on a freezing January day. We were promptly seated and our waitress, Alexandra, took great care of us, answering all our questions. She was very professional and polite! The building is a beautiful log house, the fire was going in the big fireplace and the whole ambiance was great. There is the main dining room, the bar area with the bar and two more tables tables.
All three of us had the Three Onion Soup with apple and smoked Gouda. It was filled with onions and tasted slightly sweet, but not overwhelming.
Two had the 8 oz Angus beef Hot dog, with baked beans, Cole slaw and home made Sauerkraut. The hot dog was delicious, the bread toasted to perfection, the sauerkraut a tad to strong for my taste, but well done and the creamy Cole slaw very well seasoned.I had the every day 'Special', which is a BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich on a bun with Cole slaw. The meat was more then plenty and tasted wonderful!
We will definitely come back!
Make sure to check the hours of operation before you go!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We had a large group and they gave us their big room which was awesome. The food was so good and the service was great! The bread on the grilled chicken sandwich with pimento cheese and onion jam was delicious, as was the kettle soup. Their house salad with Dillie beans is a must. I bought 2 jars of Dillie beans to bring home.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Really well done atmosphere and food. Not over the top on either but nicely done. I will be back. I had the shrimp and grits from the main menu and my date had the meatloaf from the specials... The salad was very good. Blue cheese was not over powering and was tossed in dress rather than poured. Our waitress was quick to recommend popular favorites and attentive to our beverage.