All reviews other hotels free breakfast waffles indoor pool front desk clerk would stay here again nice stay next morning waffle maker stop elevator exit steakhouse odor hallway roomy
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

The desk clerk was helpful and cordial. However, this does not offset the facility. While clean the hotel had many deficits. Our key cards had to be re-programmed after we tried to return after dinner. The fitness room was not open bc a “ previous guest had taken the key fob”. The ice machine on our floor was not working, so we got ice 2 floors below. Our shower faucet did not turn off completely leaving a significant “ leaky/ running “ faucet our entire stay. The ice compartment in the fridge was completely frosted over; no shower caps in room etc. etc. With many other choices of hotels in Brunswick, we will not return to Comfort Suites.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 254bh
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Comfort Suites was ok....wasn’t good or bad. We only stayed one night, with our 21M old son. We really wanted to take him for a swim and stay in a hotel with an indoor heated pool, but this was not the right place. The small pool area was engulfed with chlorine fumes and no ventilation. The pool was also freezing for April 1st! I understand it’s hardly Spring and not swimming season yet, but that’s why we stayed in a hotel with an indoor pool. Horrible experience so we stayed a few minutes and left. Very disappointing.
Back to our room, a very heavy loud person right above us was up all night walking and moving furniture it sounded like. Our hallway was also loud with slamming doors and noisy people. The bead was comfortable and the staff were nice. We were able to get a playpen for our son to sleep in. The breakfast was decent and the waffles were delicious! I gave you a 4 Star, but would of loved to have swam!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank arabella_adam_mama
Reviewed March 12, 2018

The first thing I noticed on arrival was the four people smoking in front of the entryway. There are numerous notices on the property about it being non-smoking; oh the irony that you have to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter the hotel. The desk was unmanned. Alas, the person who could check me in was out smoking and yelled to me that she would be right there. Not a great first impression. In the morning I needed a little extra time to check out. I called the front desk and she told me that she could only give me an extra 30 minutes, meaning my checkout time was shifted from 11 to 11:30. I left the room and returned only to find my key card would not work. I checked the time: 10:52 on cell phone. I returned to the front desk and the duty manager told me since it was after 11, my key automatically locked me out. I told her it was not yet 11 (it was now 10:54). She said it was after 11 in her computer. She re-keyed my card. My caution and concern to other guests: since the hotel's computer seems to be on its own time, be careful if its close to check out time.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rkreh00094
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The staff is very nice and accommodating and the hotel has a nice basic breakfast, but the mold smell is over whelming. I had a sore throat and coughing the entire time we were here.... which cleared up when we left. If you have allergies, asthma, any type of breathing condition, or do not like the overpowering smell of mold, do not stay here.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank cleyoung
Reviewed February 20, 2018

This hotel was fine in every way. The staff were friendly. The room had enough towels and bed space. The room was frigid and the only way to make it not so was to completely turn off the HVAC unit so that by midnight it was stuffy.

But the main thing you'll notice about this place (and I'm guessing most other hotels in Brunswick) is the smell. Every laundered item--towels, sheets, pillowcases--smelled like the surrounding town. That is to say, like the sulphurous fumes of a paper mill. I don't know if it's in the water or just gets sucked in through commercial dryers, but everything is saturated with that smell. There's nothing they can really do about it, but I think I'd opt to stay further afield of paper mills if I were driving through again.

Date of stay: February 2018