See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Okay so, I’m going to keep this as short as possible. I arrived here around 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Within 10 minutes there were numerous cops in the parking lot, very loud arguments right outside of my door and possibly a drug deal or two from what I could see. Once inside the room and looked around I almost couldn’t believeI’m what they thought was acceptable. It doesn’t seem that anyone ever cleans in here they just make the beds and leave. There was mold all over the ceiling. Something I’m not so sure what exactly it was all over the walls. Microwave should have just been thrown away. If you had put food in there I’m pretty sure that you’d catch a disease and need hospitalization immediately. When I mentioned that they only made the bed. What I meant is they didn’t change the sheets, they put the heavily stained cover to make it seem like they did something. I’ll include a picture of what my eyes saw once I pulled down the “comforter”. Run, run as far away from this roach motel as you possibly can. Management, housekeeping, nobody seems to really care what happens. The CDC needs to be aware of this place and shut it down. A porta potty would be a step up from this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Stay Express Inn & Suites Brunswick GA, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a completely satisfying visit at our property. The staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate actions to resolve each issue. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Best Regards,
The Team at Stay Express Inn & Suites Brunswick GA

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after midnight checked in and had a hard time with the key card getting into our room. We leave and come back around 3 am and couldn't get in at all. The slot of our door pretty much ate the key card. The office clerk came to help us get in needless to say 45 mins later he got it unlocked. He refused to change our room even though we didnt have a key card to get in and out. Maintenance came the next morning and still no luck. He was very helpful and got us a key card for another room. It was an awful experience. Half the lamps in the first room didn't work and the room totally stunk. We will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent stay with us. I will address all the negative aspects of your stay with my housekeeping, maintenance, and front desk staff to ensure that these events do not reoccur in the future. Thank you for letting us know and hence allowing us to improve.

Best Regards,
The Team at Stay Express Inn & Suites Brunswick GA

Reviewed April 17, 2017

The front desk manager lacks the charm needed to run a motel. His demeanor is befitting of this rat hole! The place is old, in a nasty side of town. The room stinks! The sheets are stained. The bathroom had a dirty sock left over from a prior guest! So doubtful it was even cleaned before we got there. Slept 3 hours and left! This place should be condemned! Cheap is cheap but in this case cheap is less than cheap! Very disappointing! Stay away from this rat hole!

Room Tip: stay away from here! Pay extra for a safer, cleaner hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2017

What a shock, had to book 3 nights due to a festival in Darien & full,don't know where to start on problems we had, had to get key changed twice a day, didn't work, they only clean rooms every other day (?really??), no hangers, lamps out, stains on towels, staff is rude, breakfast is terrible (stale cereal served), yadda, yadda, yadda!!! NO KIDDING! This place needs to be shut down! They are not renovating, trust me! It is disgusting, come on Inspectors in GA, where r you on this property??????

Room Tip: All are filthy, smelly & disgusting. The owners don't care when brought to their attention, they must live like this
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 15Serene15
Reviewed April 5, 2017

Well, we stopped here driving back to Florida from Washington. What a mistake.

The hotel lobby stinks, the rooms stink and between my room and my friends room was room 220 and in there was a couple who were screaming at each other all night and throwing stuff around.

This place may be cheap, but even $36/night is too much to ask for this dump!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business