“Safe items for Gluten Free diners”

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
Ranked #56 of 171 Restaurants in Cartersville
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am highly sensitive to gluten. Even slight cross contamination will give me a terrible migraine. I cautiously approached dinner and as always took my gluten defense enzyme pills before eating. I ordered a double patty melt (2 beef patties with melted swiss and grilled onions) served in a lettuce wrap instead of on a bun. It was fabulously messy, but they had forks. The meat had such fresh taste. it was the closest thing to an In and Out Burger this side of the Mississippi that I've had. This location has a separate fryer for their fries (but I'd always ask in case one fryer is down). I ate a handful of fries with the fry sauce and a mini vanilla custard. I waited and waited but never got a migraine. Woo hoo! I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very surprised by how much I like their burgers. I'm not much for burgers in general, but liked their patty melt.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I went through the drive in at 2:45pm, I was the only car in line. I ordered a chocolate milkshake. When I pulled up to the window I was greeted with no smile only just a statement saying how much I owed. I paid with my debit card and when she handed my card back to me - again no words were spoken. I had a dog in the back seat with his window rolled down. I have visited other Freddy’s locations and have always been asked if I wanted a puppy cup of custard. I had to ask her today if their location offered puppy cups, she closed the window with a look on her face like I was putting her out! After she handed me my milkshake - she just shut her window. I sat there waiting for her to make eye contact with me-I finally had to mouth through the closed window to her that I wasn’t given a receipt. I said it twice and she finally opened the window and said “what” so I then said it a 3rd time. She closed the window again with a look of disgust on her face and finally gave me a receipt. All this time no one had been in front of me nor behind me and there were only 2 cars parked in their lot so I don’t believe they were really too busy. I really wish I got her name but was so blown away as to how she was acting that I didn’t. I will not return to this Freddy’s again!! What a shame too, their food is good but this location is ruined by 1 bad employee.

Katrina K, Manager at Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

We appreciate your recent visit to Freddy's and value your feedback. We are very sorry your Freddy's experience was disappointing and would appreciate an opportunity to reach out and make it right with you. Please take a moment to send us the details of your visit at www.FreddysUSA.com/connect.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We had the California burger and the party melt. They were good but the fries were to salty for us. The onion rings were good because of the Freddy's sauce. Reminded us of a not so crowded steak and shake.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We tried this while in town. The burgers tasted wonderful although mine was a little pink in the middle. I loved the dipping sauce. We also tried a peanut butter cheesecake concrete and a dirt worm sundae and they were yummy!

Katrina K, Manager at Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

We appreciate your visit and sincerely apologize that your steakburger wasn't prepared correctly. Our Regional Manager would love to talk to you about your experience. Please take a moment to send us your contact information securely via our website at FreddysUSA.com/connect so we can make it right with you!