See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The last time I stayed here, this was a Howard Johnsons, and it was nice. Now that it's a motel 6, it's still nice. We had my mid-size dog with us, and I was very pleased to find that the remodeled rooms have no carpet- just nice wood-look flooring. That makes for less dirt and no fleas. The floor, however, was very dirty and needed to be mopped. There's an Arby's and a McDonalds next door.

Room Tip: The front rooms are quieter than the back, which face I-75.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarCrazyMarc
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Have stayed here before, but been a while. I remembered it being a very nice, comfortable stay. I checked in at 39.99 and was happy to see it still was well worth the price, and then some. Very nice room, huge kingsize bed, it is a remodeled Motel 6 with hardwood floors. Everything is clean, including the bathroom and table tops. No burn holes. There is a frig and microwave. Nice TV. No problem with this room at all, wish all Motel 6 locations were like this.

Also did not seem to be a long-term resident type of motel, if it was, I didn't see any 'riff-raff' outside. And parking lot was well lit.

Also nice that it's far north enough of Atlanta, that if you are continuing north on 75, you're north enough that you miss the Atlanta traffic. If coming from the south, east or west of Atlanta and plan to head north on 75, go on through town and stop here. Well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jason d
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Upon arrival, the front desk receptionist was very nice. During our visit, the staff was wonderful and accomidated us in every way. As far as the room/motel its self, well not impressed. It was clean when we walked in but the air hadn't been turned on in a while and the room had a very strong smell of mold. We had to turn on the air and leave for a little while to get the smell out. The second night my son found a roach in the bathroom. We were in a non smoking room but the bed clothes had burn holes in them. (We brought our own sheets and covers, glad we did). The room was very small but we made it work. As far as the DOG policy, it was wonderful. Our dogs stayed free and no one had a problem with them being there. (We have a Mastiff and a mutt that travel with us) We are on a budget so the price was very good but if we were not on such a tight budget this time, I would stay else where. Our stay was 5 nights.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room near the front if you have dogs, you have to walk them in the front yard infront of the next hotel. lol
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed in cartersville for work. Decided to try motel 6. I was very impressed, room was recently ungraded, very clean, at a pretty good location. New lcd tv's, fresh paint, and comfortable bed. I will be returning to this motel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RichM7272
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's been recently remodeled, so has the hardwood floors, microwave and fridge, and new TV.

It was late so I decided to pick a hotel north of Atlanta instead of waiting until I hit town to find one. Fortunately I grabbed this room at Motel 6 Cartersville. The rate for a Tuesday evening was just 41.99, which included tax!

Water pressure was good, shower was good, everything seemed clean. The fact that I saved probably at least $10 from what I would have had to pay around the Atlanta loop, and the cleanliness made this a very good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business