See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

Room looked nice, until we stayed. There was a musty smell, had to kill a roach, which I had never seen in a motel 6. The person that checked us in was not very friendly, the shower didnt drain, so that when you take a shower, you ended up standing in water, waiting for it to drain. If you forgot to take the towel into the bathroom with you, well, they were not hanging in the bathroom, they were actually stored outside.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Got in really late hoping to get a good nights sleep. I've stayed here in the past but will not be returning after this visit. At 5am a group of individuals were yelling back and forth at each other across the complex. Thought it was a one time thing but unfortunately their communication skills required a yelling conversation with questions and answers the other could not hear, off and on for 3 hours. I understand the hotel is not able to control its guests behavior but that combined with the obnoxious overwhelming musky odor of what smelled like baby powder and mildew was just too much to take. I thought running the air conditioner would clear out the room, that perhaps no one had stayed in the room for a while and it just needed to be aired out. I was wrong. It appears that the smell was coming from the sheets and towels. I figured this out when I picked up a towel for a shower and found that it was still wet. Not just one...all of them. Too exhausted I decided I'll have to get fresh towels in the morning from housekeeping and I would just head to bed. I found the sheets were damp and cold as well. I ended up laying on top of the bed, too exhausted to deal with anymore. Then a few short hours later the yelling began. I had to just get up and leave, no sleep for me. Back on the road feeling worse than when I checked in.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Oscully,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern and bed comfort issues you describe. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2015

Room smelled fresh when we walked in and it appeared some areas have tried to update. Flat screen TV's, new bedding, beds very comfortable. Soda sold for .75/can and an Arby's close by. Pool clean. A/c unit worked. Fridge/microwave in each room.

However: stains on comforter in 2nd bed, NO fitted sheets only two flats - no bugs, that's a plus - used towel housekeeping forgot behind door, toilet hard to flush, message light not cleared, booked online for $49.92 (after tax) and walked in only to be told my new price was $60.88. No clock in room. My receipt was from a machine and not itemized. No breakfast. You can hear your neighbors showering.

Overall not what I'm used to and a little pricey for what is offered. Keep driving.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Dear Mariah,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

If it wasn't for us having the dogs we would have left and went somewhere else. The shower was broke you had to push and turn to get it to come on. The beds didn't have fitted sheets on them just two flat sheets the front of the room looked new but the bathroom wasn't the ice machine was broke and there was no way to tell if the pool was open

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Jerald,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you experienced with the comfort of your bed during your stay. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2015 via mobile

The room is dirty. Bedspreads have stains which makes you wonder about the bedding In general Bathroom is disgusting. Can't wait to get home and take a shower (that goes for my dog also)

Marianne from Darien Illinois

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2015

Dear Guest,