“Winding down for the season”

Chop House At Laprades
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our food and our server were good, though it was pretty obvious the season was winding to a close. We arrived early in the dinner hour, and there were bins of dirty dishes sitting right by the entrance. Many of the tables also had yet to be cleaned, I'm guessing from lunch service. There was a sign noting they were operating on a skeleton crew and that they close for the season on October 29. Still going with a Very Good rating because the food was tasty, our server was very attentive, and the view of the lake was really nice.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Made VM reservations that were confirmed by return phone call. Arrived 10 minutes early and had to hunt down waitstaff person to show us to our table. Outside seating was about 50% full. 3 other tables were seated after us making occupancy about 60%.

After about 10 minutes Waitress #1 (W#1) came to our table and apologized for the delay. Took drink orders. A few minutes later Waitress #2 (W#2) arrived and asked us if we wanted drinks. W#1 came back with our drinks and W#2 disappeared.

Then Waitress #3 (W#3) brought out drinking water, apologized for the mix up and took our dinner orders. After about a 20 minute wait we noticed the tables seated after us were served.

W#3 returned and said that our order had not been filled by the kitchen staff (?). Another 10-15 minutes later our dinners arrived.

While dining one of the other tables finished dessert, paid tab and stopped by our table while leaving - said something like "you got the short end of the stick".

W#3 returned and asked if everything was OK with the food. I ordered another glass of RED wine. She returned a few minutes later with a glass of WHITE wine, looked at me and said "this isn't right is it?". She went back to the bar and returned with a glass of RED wine.

We have dined here several times in the past. Food has always been good to excellent. Never experienced the delays we experienced this go-round.

James R, Owner at Chop House At Laprades, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear J3685DRvincents,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the issues you had on your last visit. I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and we didn't do so for you. I'll be sure to discuss your comments with my staff and management and make the necessary adjustments are made to ensure this doesn't happen again.
I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Many visits here with family and friends and always for lunch. Sitting outside on second floor over the marina is wonderful any time of year and especially spring and fall. Always able to get a table and service has always been great. Kids have enjoyed it and they are pet friendly. Great menu selections and drink menu. A nice place to enjoy time with family and friends with great food and a great view.

James R, Owner at Chop House At Laprades, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear sometrip,
Thank you for your recent review of my restaurant, The Chophouse at Laprade's on Lake Burton. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how much you enjoy your visits and the "5 STAR" rating. I'll be sure to pass your comments to the staff.
I look forward to having you back. Fall is a wonderful time to visit as we have a great view of the colors.

Thanks again! James Reaux

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We had nothing but bad service bad food and a waitress with a bad attitude. First of all the service was so slow . After we finally got our food it was cold. The salmon I ordered was not cooked fully ok it was slimy! When I ask if they would just take it off my bill they took off $6. They give you a side that consists of Brussel sprouts roasted that was terrible,nobody at the table ate it. We were there for over two hours try the whole meal. The menu is way overpriced for the amount of food you get. The place is beautiful with great views of the lake but it's a shame that the food and service has gotten this bad. We won't be back.

James R, Owner at Chop House At Laprades, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear Tammie1958,

I received your Trip Advisor post and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concerns. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Our peach and brown sugar glazed salmon was very fresh on Saturday evening as it was filleted that afternoon. We typically try to prepare our fresh salmon to a "medium' degree of doneness and many of our guests prefer it moist and not dried out. We'd be glad to cook it longer at your request. Our vegetable of the evening was roasted shaved brussel sprouts with bacon, golden raisins, shallots and sundried tomatoes. As I recall your table, you originally had reservations for our "low country boil deck party" but due to a light sprinkle you cancelled your reservations upon arrival and came up to the Chophouse for dinner. We were able to accommodate you even though we were sold out for the evening, which we were glad to do.
I hope you consider joining us again in the future as I'm certain you'll enjoy yourselves.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

I have had better BLT sandwiches at little hole in the walls than at this place! The bacon was so rubbery I could barely chew it! The French fries were hard and soggy at the same time! Both my spouse and I had the same thing and he was in total agreement and felt the same way! It was as though they took the leftover bacon from the breakfast bar and threw it on the sand which! The tomatoes were mushy and tasteless! The bread soggy and was barely toasted! Never again!

James R, Owner at Chop House At Laprades, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear Gilene12,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review for my restaurant and letting us know of your concerns. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our blt sandwich. It's a popular menu item and I've never had a problem with it in the past. I'll make sure to review our procedures with that sandwich to ensure it's prepared correctly. I hope you decide to join us again as I'm certain you'll enjoy your next visit.
James Reaux