“As Good As Chez Panisse”
Review of Harvest Habersham

Harvest Habersham
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Farm to Table restaurant featuring local ingredients, all dishes made from scratch, to create a style of cooking we call Genuine Food.
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Took my parents to a belated 58th wedding anniversary dinner in early Sept. We had an amazing dinner and I have had some amazing meals in my life. I enjoyed the nice selections of wine and my appetizer, fried green tomatoes were delicate, crispy bread coating not oily and the tomatoes were really delicious. My salad was even better. Beautiful mixture of baby greens w/ minced onion,tomatoes, peppers, microgreens and a lovely homemade ranch dressing. The trout dinner was impeccable! Nice light breading served over a beautiful faro grain w/ okra, pork, tomato/cream sauce. To finish off our dinner we shared a lovely chocolate truffle plate.

I only wish we lived nearby. We would eat here every week! Kudos to the chefs, staff and the farmers who make this all possible! Excellent!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Harvest. I looked around the table, and everyone’s plate was clean! The service was friendly and attentive and the food was outstanding, and could rival any stand out restaurant in the Atl area where most of us were from. I love that the menu is new each night. The basil ice cream was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Our dinner got off to a great start last night! When we first walked in the door, I saw the health score posted: 100A!! I watch health scores and when I saw the sign, I knew I was going to love this restaurant. We started off with an appetizer of fried green tomatoes, goat cheese, and heirloom tomatoes. This was almost a meal in itself. This has not been the best year for heirloom tomatoes. But, they were wonderful. My entree was scallops with dixie butter peas and squash. What a wonderful combination. I have never heard of dixie butter peas. Incredible! Dessert was an interesting combination of Pana cotta, tomatoes and basil. A friend of mine had ribeye with potatoes and green beans. He loved it! The service is great and parking was a breeze. And lastly, we loved our cocktails and wine!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

We made every effort to get there before closing - and so worth it. Tonight they served Wreckfish which I've never had before but I certainly will if I ever come across it again. This chef is one of the best and the hostess is so knowledgeable and helpful. They care about the food and the patrons. This is one of the BEST RESTAURANTS I've ever been to and will look forward to next time

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Amazing!! This establishment is fantastic. I really love that when you call to make reservations Laura asked if we had any food allergies. I was surprised because I am never asked that question when I make a reservation at other places and they should ask.

Once we were seated inside our server told us that the chef set up a separate station for my husband. We thought that was wonderful and didn’t have to worry about his food allergy.

I ordered the pasta which was out of this world fantastic. I am still thinking about that dish. My husband ordered the buttermilk chicken and black seed Simpson lettuce salad. The salad was amazing. Loved the dressing and the cashews and blue cheese paired perfectly with it. My husband loved his meal. He couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful the food and service was.

The service was excellent and we couldn’t stop smiling because our meal was so fantastic.

Order the old fashion for your drink. It was amazing.
It was probably one of the best old fashions I have had. If I remember correctly I believe they used Fiddlers Bourbon. I am going to buy me a bottle. The cocktail was so refreshing and I just wished I could have one in my hand now.

All I have to say is make reservations. This place is a winner. Excellent farm to table restaurant. The menu will change because it depends on the local produce from the farmers. My only regret was not to try the chocolate chip pecan cookies. I wish I would have gotten them. Next time I will save room

Date of visit: May 2018