“Good Brunswick stew!”

JR’s Roadkill Bbq & Ribs
Ranked #26 of 57 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Been here several times now. Food is always good. Service is hit or miss at best. We like their stew. Try the rib sandwich. We will return.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Found this place coming back from sorghum festival in Blair's ville. Great pulled pork plate. Delicious Cole slaw, baked beans & Brunswick stew. Even good sweet tea. Visit if in the area.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

My Husband and I had lunch here, and it is not good. The pulled pork had NO flavor, and was tough, my husband pulled a hair out of his mouth from the sandwich, gross!! The Brunswick stew not the best, the fries were soggy, the onion rings were amazing, as was the sweet tea. But that's it. Once I told her about the hair, she tore up our bill. So at least she took care of it. But we will not return.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

We live approximately 30 miles from Cleveland and have been wanting to try this place out. It's got a catchy name and catchy slogans ("Sit your cheeks between the creeks") and the place usually has a good number of cars in the parking lot whenever we pass. We were extremely disappointed by the food. It was a Friday and dinner time but also after Labor Day and before leaf season so we weren't surprised that it wasn't booming. There wasn't anyone at the host stand and although there was a slight smokey bbq smell coming from the back but no smoker visible as there usually is at a bbq joint. That was our first big clue that this might not be real bbq. There was also a smell of sour milk up by the kitchen. ?? We seated ourselves and the service was OK; nothing spectacular but friendly enough. I chose the ribs and the sweetheart chose the pulled pork plate. I suppose that if you have never had bbq or never had decent bbq, you might think this was good. This "meat" didn't have a hint of smokey flavor to it at all. It was dry and had a lingering aftertaste that made us think it had been frozen and then re-heated. There was only one choice for additional sauce. The sweetheart's onion rings were definitely frozen and not made fresh on site and we suspected the beans and the sweet potato fries were also not cooked on site. The slaw was too crunchy like the bagged stuff you get in the grocery store and add dressing to. The tea was lousy. As southerners we expect the sweet tea to (a) taste like tea and (b) be ... well ... SWEET. This was like brown water with a scrawny slice of lemon in it. The bbq at a Ribs franchise is better than this stuff!! Roadkill is a good name for this food for sure. PS: Your septic tank will get a workout after eating here, too. BLECH! If you want good bbq, save your bucks and drive about 2.5 hrs further and go to 12 Bones in Asheville NC. The Roadkill sucks big time.

Reviewed April 1, 2017

After reading the good reviews of this place, we had to try it. My partner had the BBQ pork sandwich, which was so full of fat and gristle that she could not eat it. I chose the trout, which tasted rather strong. I was able to cover up the strong taste with barbeque sauce. The potato salad and slaw were good, I must say. The service was almost non-existent, although they said that their regular staff was on Spring break. We would not go back, however, due to the quality of the entrees.