All reviews park sleep fly atlanta airport front desk clerk shuttle driver waffles van
Reviewed May 11, 2018

This hotel needs to be demolished! The woman running reception needs to find a non hospitality job. Let me tell you about my awful experience with this hotel and hopefully you will listen and do yourself the greatest favor in not booking here.

First off I do a lot of traveling. I have stayed in amazing, expensive hotels and I've stayed in cheap motels. I do not have big expectations of Super 8 and realize it is a budget hotel. I booked a Super 8 my last layover in Atlanta and I was obviously on the other side of the airport. Was disappointed to say the least that this was not the same hotel and I had made an error in my booking. The other Super 8 is really nice and clean with friendly, helpful staff. For that Super 8 wait in Zone 1 for the shuttle bus at the airport.

So let me tell you about the shuttle bus. I was waiting for about 20mins before I thought maybe I should call in case you need to let them know you need a shuttle bus. The woman on the phone told me to go to zone 3 and I asked if someone would be along shortly which she told me yes. So I went from zone 1 to zone 3. I waited 20mins before phoning back again. I was told there would be one shortly. I then thought to ask if Super 8 was written on the side of the shuttle bus. She told me no I need Quality Inn. Why on earth did she not give me that information to begin with? When I had booked the other Super 8 I happened to ask a Quality Inn driver about getting to Super 8 and he took me so I never realized there wasn't a Super 8 bus. This would have been very helpful information. Obviously if I don't know which zone to stand in I obviously wouldn't know not to look for a Super 8 bus yeah?! So three different Quality Inn buses pull up periodically which I am told no I need to look for a female driver as she is doing that route. Now it is 10:30pm. I could have taken Uber and already been in bed sleeping. I see a repeat driver for Quality Inn before the driver I need finally pulls in. I confirm she is driving to Super 8 and she is a little rude. Other people get in who are also waiting and have already asked me over half hour ago if I knew what bus went to Super 8. We are finally on our way. I notice a large Popeyes soda and bag. The food I got in the airport is now very cold. I am exhausted and looking forward to a hot shower and good night's sleep. We drive out of the airport and onto the highway when the driver gets a phone call and says "I'm turning around now to come back and get you". Back to the airport we go. We pick up some woman at the end of the zones which I take works for the company. Now we are back on the road. I get to the hotel and check in at 11:10pm. That is almost 2hrs later than when I started waiting for the shuttle bus! It is literally 5mins from the airport but took almost 30mins from the time I got in the shuttle bus. I tell the woman at reception how long I waited and it took to get to the hotel. She does not care at all and tells me the shuttle bus driver probably had a lot of luggage to get off the bus at a previous stop. Ummm... for over 1hr period?!!! I saw other drivers several times. And I am sure that has nothing to do with the Popeyes bag and soda I saw? Fair enough she needs to eat but at my expense and time? The unfriendly woman behind the reception desk tells me shuttles are not guaranteed and then asks me if I want a shuttle in the morning so I tell her I do and that I will order it 30mins before I need to get to the airport as it took me that long to get there and I had thought it was only 5mins away. She ignores me. Hey at least If the shuttle is late then I have time to call Uber. She asks if I'd like a wake up call and I reply yes. I go up to my room and if I wasn't so tired from all that waiting and traveling I would have left the hotel and gone somewhere else. First off the safety lock on the door didn't work as it kept swinging open, the paint was peeling off, the paint on the walls were different shades from shortcut and patch painting, there was dirt and dust, the toilet bowl back cover didn't fit, there was something dark splattered on the wall. I checked the bed for any bugs and just felt dirty. I was so tired I went to sleep trying not to think of the nice hot shower I had wanted. I had to sleep with the tv on as it is so close to the highway I thought trucks were going to drive through the room. Felt like I was shaking in bed. I finally (amazingly) got to sleep. When I woke I took a shower. It took forever for the hot water to heat up. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to get hot. That means I have to rush my shower and getting ready. The shower flow itself wasn't too bad. Now it was time to leave. I had ordered an 8:30am shuttle. I walked down the stairs at 8:32am. By the way there was no wake up call. As soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs I see the woman from reception the night before and she gives me a dirty look and spits at me the shuttle bus is waiting. The driver asks if the person is coming and she says she's finally here. I apologize to the driver and say that I did not receive a wake up call so I was couple of minutes late. He rolls his eyes and takes my bag. I give the woman at reception my key and ask her why I did not receive a wake up call and she just takes my key and barks in a hostile kind of voice that the shuttle bus is waiting. I get on the bus and it literally takes 5mins to get to the airport.

Do not stay at this hotel. It needs to be knocked down. The receptionist should not ever be hired in a hospitality position again because she has no clue how to treat tired travelers and make them feel welcomed or listen to any complaints they may have. She does not care. Not sure I can blame her as they must receive a lot of complaints on such a run down property. I would hate working there as well. I will be asking for my money back as I would rather pay a homeless shelter $60 for a nights stay!

Room tip: My guess is there are no good rooms
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Older hotel near airport
Needs some remodeling and some more variety of breakfast items
Price was valued and within budget
Shuttle was on time but need one of the drivers to be more helpful
Will check more in depth when i book off the internet from expedia

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely disgusting and not worth the price I paid. I don't know when the room was thoroughly cleaned (if ever) because there is still debris from previous visits (the s was put there on purpose).

If this was a rental, the management would be considered slumlords. I bet there are homeless shelters in nicer condition with better amenities.

Wyndham needs to revoke the franchising agreement to this place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Shuttle took about 45 minutes to get to airport. Room was filthy. Absolutely disgusting. One of the shower towels looked a little used up. May have been clean but it looked old. Floor looked nasty. Love seat looked dirty, had stains on it. Attached is a picture of the cupholder for the couch in the front lobby. Abosolutely filthy. Staff was respectful but it is disrespectful to run a place this dirty and be ok with it. Also in the shower one of the handles was broken. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2018

That was the first time I ever stayed there and it was quite but too much trash around the building.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple