All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskatlanta airportyogurtshuttle driverstayed one nightstay overnightnice breakfastthe breakfast areacomfortable roomdomestic terminalnice stayclean hotelfree shuttlean early flightsoundproofingairplane
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Yes, the location of the hotel is convenient, just near the airport. But there are also lots of same quality-cheaper hotels that are located little far from the airport. Anyhow you have to take the hotel shuttle to get to the airport. So I do not think that exact location of the airport area hotels matters that much. As far as the service quality is concerned, this hotel is below average. The front desk was not helpful in responding my very typical questions (regarding shuttle, parking..). The room was smelling bad (a weird smell). You will not hear the noise due to the planes taking off-landing, however you will hear the AC very badly, so noisy. Here is one good thing though, the shuttle drivers were really professional, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
ATLBRManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Dear Ahmet G,

We’re disappointed to learn that our staff was not accommodating and we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We value your comments which help us identify our challenges and allows us to overcome these obstacles during staff training.

We are in the process of redesigning our entire hotel to meet the changing needs of our guest and Holiday Inn Express. We hope to see you again giving us another opportunity to regain your trust.

Warm regards,
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport College Park

Reviewed November 14, 2016

*Resubmission because my original post was removed 10 months after I posted stating I didn't follow posting guidelines.*

My husband and I made reservations to stay here on January 27th, 2016 with plans to leave our car in the parking lot while we were gone for the next 6 days. We arrived at the hotel just after 11pm and unloaded our luggage in the lobby. I checked in while he went outside to park the car. 2 men wearing dark clothing (one of them carrying a weapon) approached him from behind while he was leaned in the back seat of the car. They smacked him over the head with the gun, causing him to collapse in the floorboard. They stole his phone, ID, debit and credit cards. They then HELD A GUN TO HIS HEAD demanding his debit pin number, screaming and cursing at him that he "better not be lying." They ended up also stealing some sunglasses and my bag of makeup that happen to fall out of the car during the commotion.

As they were running away, my husband noticed that there was a small, chain-link fence at the perimeter of the parking lot where he had parked with an OPEN gate (similar to one you would have in the back yard of your home) that these guys came in and exited the property through into a small patch of woods.

My husband then ran back inside, told us what had just happened, and we called the police. The police arrived quickly. They searched the property and surrounding area but didn't find anyone. You should also know that there is some kind of paved walking trail just outside of the hotel property that leads to at least one apartment complex (possibly 2) in the area.

I would like to say that the front desk staff was very kind to us during this horrible experience. They refunded us for our room and allowed us to have drinks and snacks on the house. A female manager who had already left for the evening called the hotel, requested to speak with me over the phone and apologized for the situation.

The hotel not only doesn't employ any security officers, but their security cameras do not cover the area of the parking lot where our car was parked and my husband was robbed.

We not only had to had to cancel all his cards, but we also had drive back to Birmingham after midnight to get another ID for my husband so he could fly and then immediately back to Atlanta to catch our flight (our 2.5 hour trip turned into 7.5 hours of driving). We've also had to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket to replace the things that were stolen. We are still concerned about our credit being affected since the perps got so much of his personal info. Worse than any of this, my husband is now a nervous wreck when he simply hears someone walk up behind him.

Stay here at your own risk. I know we won't be back.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christen T
Reviewed November 14, 2016

The hotel was really clean, and the location was really convenient for the airport and for the different parking lot locations in the vicinity.
Not many restaurants in the area. All the restaurants are inside the hotels and some of them ask the parking fee even if it is just for the dinner time.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Ray H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Dear PaperogaArchimede,

Thank you for this four-star review and letting us know that you were pleased with our Holiday Inn Express hotel. We hope you found a restaurant that you enjoyed. Our 24-hour airport shuttle is available to deliver our guest to and from area restaurants. Our guest love this!

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2016

My husband and I chose Holiday Inn Express for its close proximity to the airport as we were catching an early flight the next morning. We arrived at around 11:30 pm. I was told that our choices of available rooms were either a room with a single double bed or a room with two double beds. I asked what was the point of reserving a king size bed if it doesn't matter at check in? The night clerk didn't even acknowledge the question though I asked twice! We chose the 2 double beds. We arrived to the room, which smelled weird, to find the air conditioning was not working. I called the desk to be told "the maintenance man had just left and that he could fix it the next day". Since we were catching a flight the next morning, I found this suggestion extremely helpful. I was then told that he had just booked that single double bed unit that he had previously been offered. Without prompting, he went to say that they were in fact over booked and they did not have any more rooms. At this point I said "how can you over book a hotel"? He informed me that this is "standard practice and it happens all the time". At my exasperated response, he interjected he would see what he could do and would call me back in a few minutes. After I hung up the phone, I was left to ponder what was he going to do check someone out of their room? Or, perhaps he was lying and had other rooms? He called back a few minutes later to have my husband get key cards to a second room. We swiped to do key, to find the door locked from the inside. Thank God we didn't walk in on some sleeping person. Again, off to the front desk my husband went, finally the 3rd room was adequate at best but we took it in shear desperation. This experience ranks at one of the worst ever.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are disappointed to learn of the situation you encountered during your recent visit to our hotel. We really try hard to make sure our guests receive the correct room type they reserved upon making their reservation. We have obviously not lived up to our commitment to have the room you reserved available upon arrival.

We are so sad to learn how you were treated during your stay. This is certainly not how we train our staff. The check-in experience is so important when you spend your day traveling and especially when you have an early flight. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. Also, we hope you will give us another chance to earn a 5 rating for your visit!

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

My credit card double charged and I asked them to fix it before I left the hotel. I was told they will not charge my card. I found out they still got the money. I called them today to talk to someone but after waiting on line about 20 minutes and 15 phone calls attempts I wasn't able to talk anyone. The girl at the front desk put me on hold or hanged up the phone several times with a very weird attitude. I was finally able to "leave" a voice message to manager.

I can understand people can be busy but it doesn't mean anyone else has time to wait for them. I am working hard and have no time too and I don't want to waste my whole day to correct their fault and get my money back.

This kind of people should have no place in service business.

I am still waiting for them to call me back to return my money stolen out of my credit card.

Stayed: October 2016
Ray H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2016

Dear Metuzz,

You are absolutely correct . . . there is no excuse for not handling your first call correctly and resolving the double charge on your credit card. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unprofessional way you were treated on the phone. A double charge on your credit card is understandably very upsetting.

I am currently out of the office but have communicated with my team to ensure this issue is resolved immediately to your satisfaction. Please give us another opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel.

Best Regards,