“My favorite staff anywhere”

Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Glennville, Georgia
“My favorite staff anywhere”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Have stayed here many times on flying out of Atlanta. Always liked the convience of it's location. The shuttle drivers are tops! They are some of the best around. Now for the staff, Ronnie, Jewell come first to mind, but two other of the girls at front desk are also always very nice. This staff is always, very friendly, courteous and always helpful. Jewll does a great job keeping the food area very clean and very well prepared. Has always been above many others in this this area. Rooms are clean, comfortable and up to Hampton standards. My recent stay in March was a very difficult one for me as I had just lost a very loved family member. On hearing of my loss, staff treated me very much like a family member and will always remember their kindness and caring. Thanks again Ronnie. This will always be my first choice when flying or staying in Atlanta. Again, this staff holds their own with any others I have experienced in all my years of traveling. Hope to see all of them soon. They are my very favorite.

Room Tip: I alwasys ask for a higher floor as I'm a very light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gstrc501

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have stayed at this property many times, but wow what a transformation! It looks like a completely new hotel inside! What a huge difference it makes! Great job Hampton! It was much needed and looks fantastic! The staff even appears to have had a much needed makeover... everyone was so friendly! The breakfast bar and seating area was great! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Runnermom3
Guelph
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've written several reviews on Hamptons now, and I say the same things every time. I know what to expect and that's why I stay at them: friendly service, awesome beds, linens, towels, clean and up to date rooms, and the best "continental" breakfast in the biz.
As someone else mentioned the room was a bit tight (felt a bit european actually) but everything was great. I had a great stay and was out on the interstate the next morning. The fitness room only has a treadmill and bike - no free weights. Breakfast was 10/10 as usual. Parking was free, although I think sometimes they try to charge for it here. I was actually hoping to get to see some planes landing on a nearby runway from my room, but I could not see anything.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank canuktrekker
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The room was a bit on the small side, but appeared clean. The lighting was not adequate so the room seemed darker than usual. The bed was comfortable and the linens clean. One of the things I have noticed with my last stays at Hampton Inns are their lack of refrigerator and microwave. As a frequent traveler these are 2 amenities I really like and will have a major impact on a possible return stay. They do have a great location only about 5 minutes from the airport and they offer a bi-hourly shuttle service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank David G
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2012

What a surprise to find a great place near the airport! Not only was this hotel clean and comfortable, the breakfast was way beyond the standard waffles and fruit loops. Lots of choices! But what sold me on this place was the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful....from the front desk to the maids to the maintenance man. Kudos to them! A rarity these days!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank vickay
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Consistent Hampton. Clean rooms, not too cheap or expensive. Very helpful staff. We stayed here before and after vacation flights. We saved the huge parking fees at the airport and had a great night sleep before traveling. Our flight returning got in late, but they waited over 30 minutes to pick us up, it saved our entire vacation experience. 5 minutes from the airport and priceless customer service.
As an airport hotel and not a resort vacation hotel, I give it a 5 rating hands down.

Room Tip: Inquire about park & fly.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tmccamish
shelby township Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We decided to spend our third and final night in the Atlanta area at the airport since we were flying home the next morning and didn't want to fight the a.m.Atlanta traffic going to the airport.
For the most part we had a nice clean and comfortable stay. The toilet insisted on running long after flushing, so we were required to go back and "jiggle the handle" to get it to stop. Bed was comfortable though. The thing is though there is one place to eat within walking distance, Ruby Tuesday's is about 7 minutes down the road. We turned our car rental in allready so we had no choice. No convenience stores anywhere around. The airport shuttle was out of service that evening and next morning but they got us a ride from an independent driver the next morning to our terminal. Staff was friendly and helpful so all was well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
1.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!