“So grateful fot the Hyatt!”

Hyatt Place Columbus - North
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were in Columbus for the birth of our first grandchild and obviously the trip had to be last minute as we had no real idea ahead of time to be able to make reservations anywhere.
After being at the hospital for 18 hours straight ( and awake for over 34 hours) we desperately needed a hotel that had a room for us, and that would allow us to check in early so we could get some rest.

After calling 8 other places, and being told we'd have to wait until check -in time (late afternoon) to get in a room, I called the Hyatt and Jalayne at the front desk. She was very helpful and very understanding and told us she would get a room ready for us as soon as possible.

When we got to the hotel, she not only had our room ready, but sped us through the check-in process so we could get some sleep before having to be back at the hospital with our daughter. The rate was much less than the other hotels were going to give us and the customer service was over the top!! She'll never know how much we loved her at that moment!

The room was huge and very clean. Even if it hadn't been, the Hyatt has become the only hotel we'll ever use when we come to Columbus to see our daughter and her soldier husband. But it's nice to know that we'll be enjoying the experience because of the cleanliness and luxury of the room at such a great price!

Thank you again Jalayne (hope I spelling her name right)!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Terriette

Reviewed 19 November 2011

It ain't cheap but the rooms are nice, spacious, have fairly spacious living area, nicely decorated, clean, excellent service, free wifi. Good quality workout room but only cardio, no weights. Pool rather small but nice. Free breakfast pedestrian, no hot food. Well kept, neat, and nice to be in. Safe feeling. Minifridge in each room. Beds very comfortable

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This was our first time at a Hyatt Place and we were very pleased. The interior corridor room was large and clean. There is a large sectional couch with large ottoman that was a nice comfort at the end of the day. The TV was very large but there was no guide to the channels. There was a coffee/tea maker, a refridgerator and wet bar. There was a desk with comfortable desk chair and plug-ins for all electronics. Lots of towels. Shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste was provided. The only problem I had was I could not control how hard or long the air conditioner would run and I had to cut it off completely because it was cold and blew right on the beds. The free continental breakfast had fresh fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal, cereal, bagels, english muffins, bread, muffins, biscuits and sausage gravy, and variety of juices. Staff was very friendly and check-in and out was easy and quick. Elevator.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ripfortwo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have stayed here with my husband's team for 3 years now. Each year the staff has been very accomodating and helpful. The hotel is very nice, beds are comfortable, very clean. The team likes it because it has the sectional couch allowing them to spread out more when we get to stay for longer periods of time. Great tv...(and I'm not very technical!), but it has 8,000 places on it to input just about any device you could possibly have. (Another reason the team loves it.) The rooms are large: 2 beds, sectional, desk, wet bar/kitchenette, sink and bathroom are seperated allowing for showers without steaming up the mirrors! Nice room layout overall. The only complaint we have had yearly is that the pool is SOOOOO chilly!!!!!! It's outdoor, and the weather is usually great swimming weather, but the water is almost unbearable. It's a nice area to relax around anyway. Breakfast is great. I have never placed an order although I believe you are able to do so. There is a bar as well as a small deli/snack bar. I have never used these, but the snacks look great. Be sure to mention that you are going to eat next door at Texas Roadhouse and the hotel has always given us a coupon for free appetizer!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MREA5
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Where do I begin? I like the old style feel to a hotel and this hotel didn't have it. The elevator position feels like a hospital. I know that you may think these small details are silly but everyone has there own preferences. I looked beyond that UNTIL I got to the room.

My family and I walked into the 1st floor room and 6 noticeable stains met me at the door.Six large stains on a carpet is gross! I left the room to see if we could change.

Well... due to a booked weekend they had no clean King suites available that I requested on my reservation. We had to accept the only queen suite available.

We walk into a suite on the 5th floor and this suite's carpet was dirtier than the 1st. I'm going to complain again before I leave.

Upside* large tv, and fridge

I wouldn't recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank kymmy8
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Columbus-North w/ family for my brother's boot camp graduation at Fort Benning. The staff were super friendly since I walked in and very helpful with directions to Fort Benning. Complimentary continental breakfast was a great treat and delicious (variety of choices: coffee, tea, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt) Our room was very spacious with a separate living room and bedroom(which is standard for all Hyatt Places), plus free Wi-fi. The living room included a comfy corner sofa (with pull-out sofabed), a small table with two chairs, a desk & chair, and a wetbar that had a refridgerator. We had two queen beds and they were super comfy with a separate vanity area. The huge tv was situated between both the bedroom and the living room, but you could tilt the tv to face a specific room.

I would definitely recommend this property for your next stay!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jess_779
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed here with family the evening before I needed to be at Fort Benning the next morning for an event. Everything about the stay was just about perfect. Locating the hotel and checking in was a breeze, the room was spacious and well outfitted, free wifi and breakfast the next morning worked as expected, and check-out was a breeze.

There were, however, two issues that kept the entire visit from being perfect (excellent). First, the controls on the air conditioning unit for our room were not functional. It would have been nice to have had control of the temp and fan speed in our room. Secondly, the queen beds at this Hyatt Place were too short. I am tall, six foot - two inches, but never before have I had as much a problem with my feet hanging over the end of the bed during a hotel stay.

Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family