“scary, filthy, disgusting must I go on?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning

Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning
Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning
Ranked #46 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“scary, filthy, disgusting must I go on?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

first drove up and noticed it was trash! walked in the room reeked of smoke(non smoking room). walked to the restroom I could smell the bed it really smelt like dirty sweaty man, gross!! the floor under the ac was soaking wet from the leaking. there was hair of every towel that was in the bathroom. the location was not thought out very well, rv park is located right behind it. we witnessed a drug deal, we had some cops show up not really sure why though. over all was trash will never in my life stay at a motel 6 again, thanks to this motel!!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank cassieleigh2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We were on a road trip and got ourselves in a bind, finding us looking for a hotel at 1:00 in the morning. Our GPS led us to something that looked exactly like the Bates Motel in Psycho, so much so that even at that late hour, my friend absolutely refused to stay there. We had just passed a (slightly more) decent-looking Columbus Inn, advertising low rates and free breakfast, and when asked, had a room available! The room was gross and smelly and I'm pretty sure there were bed bugs, but it was a room and that's what we needed. The front desk clerk was also very nice, which went a long way. We had one incident a couple hours after we crashed in the room--the front desk girl called us at 3 in the morning to tell me that I had left a light on in my car. We decided to head down together for safety, fearing we were about to get kidnapped or worse. (My friend alleges that there were some large men getting out of a taxi when we walked by that scared her to death, but I was so tired I didn't see them.) But the dome light really was on in my car, and I'm grateful that she called us down to check on it. I wouldn't have wanted to deal with a dead battery in the morning! So basically, we hope to never see this place again, but it's given us some good stories to tell!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pantsonfire99
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by a friendly front desk clerk who told us that our room was not quite ready for us yet, as we were a bit early for check in. The clerk asked if we would like to wait in the games and lounging area. We played a few games of pool and some video games to pass the time. When we received our room keys we were also given recommendations on where to eat and things to do locally. Our room was old and dated, I think the hotel is from the 70's , none the less it was clean and everything in it's place. The staff was very busy from what we could see of them but made sure to say hello and smile when passing. It may be an old property with limited amenities but I would rather stay in a clean thirty year old hotel than a five year old filthy hotel. Not a bad place for the cost.

• Stayed January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Blacktopcownoy
Mystic, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

I wasn't smart enough to read reviews. Our son was graduating at Fort Benning Basic training, and we were travelling from CT. I looked online and saw the nice pictures posted (fraudulent I might add). It looked pretty nice, clean and was economical. Immediately upon arrival, and we could tell from outside just what to expect. When going into the lobby (ha ha), we were greeted by a very courteous young lady, but that's where the positive review ends. We could tell this place was a complete dump. We still kept our minds open and went to the room. I couldn't believe it. Stentch, filth, and the clientele definitely told us this was not the place for us. Not that we are snobs, or think we are better than others....believe me. But we are clean, hard working people. This definitely was not in that category. My husband went to the front again and said I have terrible allergies and could not stay there because of the dampness. the nice young lady was kind enough to give us our money back. We went out to our car to find a strange man looking in the windows!!!!! We got in and just drove away!!! Luckily we had our GPS which directed us to a Marriott. A bit more money, but we learned that it isn't always a good idea to save a few bucks especially when you aren't familiar with where you are going. I had the heebee geebee's all night! Someone really should report this place to the Better Business Bureau, or whoever reviews these places. Seriously, it needs to be shut down.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wpbabydoll
kennesaw
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Horrible service, nasty rooms, and let's not forget the bed bugs! As soon as I seen them, I checked out and continued my drive home. I couldn't even get a refund!!!!!

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank lo3paige
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

The place was below standards, there wasn't anything there that they offer. When I went to the front desk to complain, the only thing they said is sorry. Dog poop all over the place. Bathroom light didn't work, no internet service, no microwave ( was told it on a first come, first service bases), no refrigerator and the carpet was down right nasty. The only thing I have to say is don't ever stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank GeeGee59
Citra, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

The pictures on the website were a complete lie, if you want to imagine the place think opposite when looking at the pictures. The days we were there the temperature was in the hundreds and the pool was closed. Along with the pool being closed the air conditioning didn't work well. You have to request everything that should be in the room already, even an alarm clock and a remote for the tv. We were there for a few nights and I don't think they changed the sheets once. The bathrooms were horrible as well, it was hotter in the bathroom than outside when it was a hundred degrees. The free breakfast includes gas station donuts, a gallon milk jug left out, flying bugs, and coffee. There was no positive experience while we were there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank wtpets2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
1.9 km away
Value Place Columbus (Blanchard Blvd)
0.9 km away
5.9 km away
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
2.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning

Been to Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning? Share your experiences!