“Don't do it!”

Funopolis Family Fun Center
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Commerce
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family fun center that has 11 acres of fun for all ages. We offer go karts, mini go karts, inflatables, mini golf, route 66 bowling, bumper cars, rock wall, spider zone, tornado ride, hip hop ride and lots of arcade games including a huge connect four. We also have bumper boats & water wars & down pour derby(seasonal). We are open 7 days a week, look at our web site for hours.Cafe is open on weekends and holidays during the winter season. In October we transform to Fearoplis and offer a haunted laser tag, Zombie haunt house and a More than a Corn Maze which is haunted at night and family friendly during the day. We also have a family friendly hay ride.
Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you want your child to feel special, don't expect the employees to do any of that! I spent an arm and a leg on my son's birthday. The kids working there were teenagers who didn't give a hoot about any of the kids and rolled her eyes if I ask any questions. My son's hostess must have been overwhelmed because the pizzas came out late and once they finally did she had a very hard time getting the pizza out and there were no drinks. I ended up helping and that's fine, but I had to ask for the most minor details such as napkins, forks, cups. She did not leave the group in anyway. The kids had no idea that they were supposed to fill out a T-shirt for my son. Once the pizza got there she immediately wanted to do cake because our time is running out, which was not our fault because they were late getting the pizza out. So we felt rushed. When we came back into the room for presents she did not help at all. She even interrupted my son opening his presents to give me my receipt. I am upset with myself for giving her $40 for a tip and I am also upset that I contacted them and left them my feelings and have not heard one word back from them. Please don't go to this place management is not involved. One thing I forgot was to say that the hostess half at my beautiful cake in such a manner that it looked as if she were dabbing it to death. She destroyed it.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Yomamacita

Athens, Georgia, United States
“Tons of Fun For the Whole Family!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Having kids ranging from 2-10, I was eager to see if we could keep everyone entertained. It definitely was worth the trip. While the big kids rode the Tornado, the littles were able to ride the pirate ship. While the bigs were in doing laser tag, the littles could jump in the bouncy houses. There was plenty for everyone to do. And everyone had fun, including myself. I was very pleased at how friendly and well trained their employees were. We have visited other similar fun places this summer and none of them could compare with Funopolis as far as their employees. Anytime there wasn’t someone at an attraction, they would immediately call for someone to come let us on the ride. It was a great experience!

To make it affordable, be sure and checkout the little gray coupon books that you find around town. Currently in this month’s, there is a buy one get one free wristband coupon. This worked out great since the kids were able to ride everything they wanted to ride. The only problem? Time flies when you’re having fun!! For the most value, I’d recommend getting the wristbands and then if the kids want to play in the arcade, getting a play card. Really, you could do a ton of playing with just the wristbands.

Visited September 2013
Gainesville, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great if you can get a coupon!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our crew had a great time, but parents really enjoyed it because we used a BOGO coupon! For $17 a 3 hour wristband is great- for $34 not so much....

Visited August 2013
1 Thank foolinapril
Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“FUN!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We have been having our son's birthday party at Funopolis for the last 3 years. He turned 10 in April, and had a great party here. They have a few different birthday packages to choose from. The one I always choose I bring the cake & that's it. They serve pizza and drinks to all kids. They gave all kids a $5 card to play (birthday child gets little more). Plus you choose which activities you want to do. Our hostess was wonderful! She knew exactly how to keep the kids entertained. We go here several times during the year too. Fun for kids and adults too. We get in and play just as much as the kids. We love Funopolis!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jen P
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“employees couldn't make it less "fun"”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The pricing is average during the week days and it is not crowded at all, two kids can have a great time for $50- however, the employees had blank stares and couldn't have made us feel more burdensome when they have to assist you. Their attitudes pretty much make you only want to do the arcade (which is basically shooting or riding) because you don't have to approach them.

For a place that is supposed to be "fun for the whole family" they definitely fall short.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank arinop
maryfun, Owner at Funopolis Family Fun Center, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
I am glad you had a good time at Funopolis Family Fun Center, but disappointed our staff was not so friendly. They are trained to be engaging and great the guest with a happy face. I will look into the situation. I hope you will try us again. The water slide is open and is a great way to cool off. When you come up ask if I am on the premises so we can talk.