“great service, atmosphere and food so so”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #31 of 59 Restaurants in Commerce
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We had lunch here and ordered the 2 for $20 special. The waitress was very nice and prompt, very professional. We both enjoy spicy food but the Asian salad was loaded with vinegar and spice. As we did not have a lot of time for lunch, we ate it but it was not what I have had before. I thought the restaurant was a little dark for the lunchtime crowd.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Food & Service were great . tried new dish and it was so good. 3 cheese Penne pasta. We also had a turkey club that was outstanding.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I have been to this restaurant several times. The service is excellent and the food has always been great. I've even gotten curb side and my order was perfect---Thank you Sara. The servers move like their working in a bee hive, my last server was a lady named Delilah, I didn't want for anything. You want wait long at the bar for your drink, great bartender

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We were disappointed with this trip. We got there about 7:00 pm on a. Sunday and they were sold out of the appetizer we ordered although we didn’t learn this until after the waitress came back to tell us and see if there was anything else we would like. Then when our food arrived the Southwest Burger had so little BBQ sauce on it my son thought it was just a cheeseburger. We did find 2 strips of bacon on it so we asked for more BBQ sauce. Then we learned that they were also sold out of onion rings which should have also been on it. They did make it right by only charging for a cheeseburger but would have been nice to know this before we were expecting it. Maybe it had just happened? The fried chicken salad we also ordered was small and there were only 3 very little strips of chicken. Very disappointed with that as it is sold as a MEAL. Overall not the normal experience we have here so could be something has changed recently. Will be a long time before we go back there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Last Friday night we decided to go back to Applebee's after a bad experience several months ago. We assumed it was a one time occurrence.. We could have not been more wrong. First of all the services was just not there. the place was almost empty and when the hostess tried to sit us at a really small table I asked instead for a booth. The look I got could have frozen water on the spot! She slapped our menus down on a table and left. I won't go into details about the sub-par food, it was awful.
The thing that really did it for me happened at the table behind me. The city was having issues with the water and it tasted horrible and they had put a sign on the door. The lady at the table behind me explained to the waitress that she could only drink water because of health issues. the waitress then said "I can offer you a bottle water but you will need to pay $2 for it" Really, pay for water that normally would be free. Pay for a bottle of water that you went down the street to Walmart and paid $2 for a 24 pack of bottled water? that's the water you want us as your guests to pay for? I was ready to jump up to her defense when she finally said she didn't think it was fair and she'd go without. This was unacceptable. If the management was going to charge for the bottle of water then it shouldn't have been more than the .16 they paid for it. Unbelievable! there is so much more wrong with this place.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!