“Very good pork rinds ”

Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Commerce
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

First time checking this place out. Stopped for lunch during the week and it was not busy. Service was good. I got the pulled chicken platter with French fries and sweet tea and an appetizer of the pork rinds. The fries were excellent and the pork rinds were so fresh they were still popping when they brought them to the table. The pulled chicken was very dry though so I would not recommend. I did enjoy tasting the various bbq sauces on the table. Cool place and I would try it again with bbq next time.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

First visit to Hawg Wild exceeded our expectations. Generous quantities of food. Had the pulled chicken and pulled pork - both were very good. The service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the brisket and I’m pretty sure that it was actually driftwood from lake hartwell. Do not come to this place the service and food is terrible.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in Commerce and decided to grab a bite to eat before heading back to Athens.

We were greeted promptly and received drinks equally as promptly. The server took our order and the food was out in a very quick manner (10 minutes or so).

Everything was very fresh and hot. I got
the fried catfish with Mac and cheese and okra and my wife got the brisket with collards and Mac and cheese. All the food was very fresh and delicious. All the sauces were good too.

The only complaint we have is the restaurant was a little too cold for our liking. Other than that, it was a great experience and the prices were great too. We will be back anytime we are in Commerce!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

A great spot when driving along I-85. It beats "fast food fare" and has a very broad menu. Some of the things out group had: good pulled pork, tasty (although just a little dry) smoked turkey, excellent fried catfish fillet. Sides were nice--friend green tomatoes, 3-cheese mac, vinegar slaw, sweet potato casserole! The chocolate peanut butter pie was a nice shared dessert treat! Friendly service. Great location off the interstate near Tanger outlets. Clean.