“a nice mom and pop motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bulldog Inn

Bulldog Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Commerce
Bulldog Inn
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Jacksonville, Florida
“a nice mom and pop motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

I have read the other reviews and i have stayed at this motel several times. I can tell you it is a reasonably priced stay ($40 a night) and a very comfortable room. My room had a refegerator and microwave oven and clean surroundings. The owners allways seem to have a improvement project going on every time I have stayed there, so they must care about the place and their guests. The front desk staff is allways very willing to go the extra mile on my every visit. The pool was really nice this year with a bulldog scene painted in the bottom of the pool. That was awesome! Overall a good value for the dollar. If you want your pillow turned down and a mint on it you are at the wrong place, however if you are looking for a clean room at a reasonable price and safe surroundings you are at the right place. I do plan to return and I recommend this motel to my friends when they ask. The older gentleman that one review is talking about does watch over the property all night and I for one am glad he is there watching out for me and and my well being. You sure wont have anybody stealing anything or bothering you while you are a guest I assure you!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank poolman60805

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2009

This is not one of the hotels that you would want to take ur family to. Blood stains on the sheets and the matresses and the cochroaches that roam at night. The shower handles fall off the valves and the toilets run all night the tv didn't work half the time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Commerce hotels

Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

This hotel was awesome. When we pulled up it was paradise at it's finest. Don't look anywhere else. Resturants and tourist attractions surround the area. The rooms are clean. There are no bugs under the matress pad and no blood stains on the sheets\wall. Towels have no stains. No holes in the wall. No puke on the sidewalk and the people who own the place are so nice.

If I were asked, "where in the world would you go if you could go anywhere?"

My response: The Bulldog Inn in Athens, Georgia

Stayed December 2009
athens
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

Filthy little place. The towel racks were ripped from the wall. They had roach powder behind the nightstand and television. The glass above the door was broken out and cardboard was "duct taped" to the window frame. All the manager is worried about is his money. Then he has this old man watching everything ( thats creepy!) The housekeepers come in all the rooms while smoking they look like they just got out of prison. It wa really nasty.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

I am not sure which was worse, the smell of the room, the blood stains on the sheets or the three cockroaches I encountered over the course of the night, one of which crawled up my pillow. I considered staying at a fraternity house on the floor as a much cleaner alternative.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

First, since I was trying to find a place to stay a bit last minute, I was thankful to at least have a place to stay in Athens. With the knowledge that all hotels in the Athens area jack their prices up during the UGA Home football games, I expected to pay a bit more than the normal room rate. My complaint starts with the reservation office attendants. The women I spoke with at first seemed a bit rude on the phone, sounding as if every question (which we not many) were a hassel to answer. Simple constumer service without attitude I think is not too much to ask for. By the name alone, "Bulldog Inn" I also expected it to be a bit of a dive. What I didnt expect is a room standard below you average Motel 6. The bed was clean, but the room had a smell. They advertise a small refrigerator in every room, but I guess someone took mine to their tailgate party the game before...no refrigerator. The shower nozzel was horrible, and the water pressure during every shower fluctuated between a 3500 psi Pressure Washer and a trickle just shy of have a little boy on a ledge taking a tinkle on my head...quite an experience, but i did end up clean in the end.
The next morning at 630am I went to the office just to simply ask what time the Chevron that was located 400 meters down the road opened, and that same female desk attendant simply and a bit rudly said " I don't know, maybe 630 am?" Seeing how is was already 630am and all of the lights to the gas station we out, I am not sure that was the best guess. Like I said, I wasnt expecting much, but a bit of situation awareness on her behalf probably would have been much better. You would think if you job is to book a room for a customer and previde the normal customer service...knowing what is around the hotel and maybe their hours of operation would be a nice little tool for them to better serve their paying customers. Oh, and for 1 night they charge $114.00 after taxes, whic taken into consideration that it was expected to be elevated...is WAY to much for the room they are providing.
If I didnt get tickets last min for the game, more research would have deffinatly solved all of my problems. If you have time, book a room somewhere else..if not ask yourself if $114.00 to pay is worth it for this little dirty hideaway.
Ben Graham
[--]

• Liked — The Hotel was pretty close to the Stadium...and only a 10 dollar cab ride.
  • Disliked — Poor customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
7.5 km away
26.4 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
27.1 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Bulldog Inn? Share your experiences!