“Dinner”

Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Our experienced staff serves the best selection of food and adult beverages east of Atlanta. This is a popular hang out for locals, and weekend entertainment adds to the friendly, neighborhood atmosphere. Our delicious menus include brunch, lunch and dinner and our capable bar staff mixes delicious cocktails for all occasions. Weekends specials include our Famous Bloody Mary Bar, and no one can resist commenting on our elegant Scotch Cabinet.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great fish sandwich. First time for ordering this. Service good. Atmosphere fun Food is always good also

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Three stars ONLY because the food was good. Service was totally ONE STAR worthy.

The food was good... actually really good.

Front of the House Staff needs LOTS of improvement.

Service was SSLLOOOOOOWWW... Painfully slow, given there were only FOUR PARTIES seated and dining when we arrived, and all were nearly done. Now its just us, and a table of two ladies pouring down mimosas behind us (with their kids tagging along???)

Apparently had we sat at the bar... we would not have had to wait on anything... since our server had no issues going behind the bar over and over and over making mimosas for the two ladies (and their kids) who came in AFTER us. BTW... WHO SERVES THAT MANY DRINKS TO PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY DRIVING THEIR KIDS AROUND??!!??!!

Really... no reason for such poor service with two waitresses working the floor and 2 or 4 tables split between them. ���

Had to ask for our check. Had to literally holler at the waitress in her 5 trips walking by to get her to cash it out. Had to wait while she made more mimosas to get the change. No, no tip left. Stop flirting at the bar and provide some basic customer care.

I also forgot to mention that at our first need for beverage refills, we sat for 10 minutes slerping ice, and had to beg for refills, to which we were offered a pitcher of soda, "so I don't have to keep making trips...... and bothering y'all." ---- as I said receiving basic service isn't a bother, it's actually expected.

#IWorkForTipsToo
#ItsNotTHATHard

Reviewed November 10, 2017

The atmosphere at Whistle Post is loaded with home town charm. Located right next to the railroad tracks, and named appropriately, I keep hoping for this place to be so much more, but they continue to disappoint. We visit when we go to the Fall Festival for a good meal, afterwalking around the festival of really good junk food, since it's right there in town. Burgers here are a treat and the crab cakes are what I always order. My son has taken me here on mother's day for the last three years. We meet there at 12:30 (8 of us) and have yet to get out of there before 3:30, waiting for our food. Not sure sure if it's the wait staff or the kitchen and while the food is good, it's not "waiting for 3 hrs good." Quaint relaxed atmosphere that could be so much more and has potential to be a hot spot for locals and visitors who visit the Old Towne area, but not even close to the first place I would take visitors. What a shame for the possibilities to not be utilized. I have hesitated to write this review as I prefer not to write unfavorable things, but here it is, finally.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Will visit for drinks but not to eat! Fun tavern feel with the Old Western Day Aviance...Great Wine & Spirits Selection...Beautiful Place But don’t put money in food...Horrible Expensive Lunch! The Fries seasoned but cold, ordered lunch special ...not special....cost 9.99 and it was not good. Two Tacos in regular hard corn shell with Cold fries ....were terrible ( and I know this is not there forte but how about seasoning on hamburger meat) Then there was the Burger 13.26 no seasoning....It wasn’t on a homemade bun and the patty was IQF...Wow!!! Very expensive for a lunch. With Calamari one sprite 37.80 But the Staff is very very very nice. I enjoyed leaving the sweet overworked waitress 20%

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Like the title says. The food is good. The wait staff is horrible. It's a shame the place has a great atmosphere and potential to be a good restaurant.

Been to Whistle Post Tavern? Share your experiences!