“great place to stop on your way”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cordele
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Tampa, Florida
“great place to stop on your way”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This Fairfield has terrific facilities and a convenient location for your travels on I-75.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
chicago
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way through Georgia. We were very pleased with the whole exprience. The staff member at the front desk was helpful and professional - the room clean and bed comfortable. Nice and quiet and a good stop over.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Pleasant. Not superior except for friendly helpful front desk. Place is clean and quiet. Over night just fine.

• Stayed April 2012
Elmira, NY
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel every year since it opened on our way home. I am not sure what has changed but I can tell you as a Platinum Marriott rewards member this is by far the worst.
The breakfast lady is the only person I noticed still here, and she is by far one of the nicest, hardest working ladys here. All of my front desk staff seems to be gone, along with the nice manager that was always here to greet us on our way out. Words just can not express how dissapointed I was this stay. We think it is now ran by Indians which may explain some things, but when I asked to speak to the manager at 9 in the morning he was not at work, so we waited and he finally came in around 11 he was rude and just did not seem to care that his hotel was dirty and filthy. The lobby looked like the dust had been there since 2010, the floors were dirty. Arrived in room and there was hair, dust, and dirt all through out the bathroom. Sheets had stains and they would not bring us any extra towels. Im sure that loosing one room is not going to hurt them and they do not care, but they have lost our business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel to avoid train noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark J

Travellers are raving about these Cordele hotels

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The hotel is very nice. The only problem as mentioned by other reviewers is many trains pass by in close proximity to the hotel during the night and repeatedly blow their whistle. I did not understand why they offer complimentary ear plugs in the room until I heard train whistles many times throughout the night. The bottom line is that this is a very nice hotel too close to the train tracks. If you get woken up many times during the night it is not an enjoyable stay no matter how nice the hotel is.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John P
megger12
Reviewed 24 February 2012

One of the best hotels, good beds, nice rooms, respectable! Hot tub, not too "HOT" so that was a downfall!

Room Tip: I had just the basic room and is was more than enough!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Durham, NC
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is one of the finest mid-range motels I've visited. My spouse and I travel extensively, thus have many benchmarks by which to judge. We were in Cordele for my Mom's funeral....eight hours drive from our home in NC. The Inn was spotless, staff extremely friendly, reasonable rates, full service rooms and one has all the amenities to make for a comfortable and peaceful stay (read more on their webpage). The complimentary continental breakfast offered by the Inn was one of the finest spreads I've seen lately....from omelets, sausage links, sausage gravy/bisquits, cereals of all types, beverages to suit any taste...the list goes on.

Unfortunately, my spouse left a large box of custom thank-you notes in our room. She called the Inn while on the road back to NC and the staff located the box and shipped it to our home. Outstanding service, especially appreciated during such a sensitive time in our lives.

As for the trains...it goes with the territory and is shared by a plethora of other motels in the area. One cannot "buffer" a train's air horns in such a congested section of the city. Frankly, I thought the occasional toots an interesting ambiance and brought back memories of times past.

So, in closing, I highly recommend the Fairfield Inn in Cordele and will plan another stay the next time we head South for a visit.

L.H. Wood
Durham NC

Room Tip: Ask for a room the furthest from I-75 to minimize road and train noise if that concerns you.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family