“Nice stop over” 4 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
“Nice stop over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Nice place to get a good nights rest. Beds are great.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stopped for one night at the Cordele/Vienna Hampton Inn. We are loyal Hampton in customers. The room was small, but clean (must have been redone since previous reviews were written.) This Hampton is a two-story "motel style" building where all entrances are outside. Yes, Virginia, there is a train nearby. I heard it when I was awake, but was never disturbed by it during the night. There two buildings in the shape of a "T." The bottom leg of the T is further from the train. This Inn featured the usual Hampton Inn very comfortable king-size bed. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. Other hotels in this town featured somewhat lower prices.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about the train noise, ask for a room at the bottom of the T, not on the top ba...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Crawfordsville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stopped here for 1 night on the way to Florida. this Hampton is less expensive than most in the chain, but well kept up. comfortable sleep (except for trains about 1 mile away) and a great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Because of a very unpleasant experience we had at another chain on our way to Florida one year we decided to stay at this hotel because it was a Hampton and we have always found Hamptons to be consistant with their comfort and clean rooms. I must say at first I thought it was a bit old looking. But, It is very clean the beds are very comfortable the breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I am happy with that. We have stayed in much newer hotels that are not near as clean or comfortable. We have stayed there twice and are leaving again in March and plan to stay there again. A clean room wins out for me over new anytime.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stair way. The right side of the building was more quite.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Place is on an active railroad track with trains every hour. Building shakes and whistle is deafening. Bathroom door scrapes against toilet. Avoid this place at all costs. Rates do not equate to value at $84 a night. Should be about $39

• Stayed January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ellenwood, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I was a bit apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the reviews but I'm glad I decided to try it for myself. I went down for the weekend to attend a class reunion that was being held at the Lake Blackshear Resort which is about 15 minutes away from the hotel. The deciding factors for me choosing this hotel were (1) Hilton Honors Double points; (2) AAA Discount Price and (3) Location to my venue. The hotel sits back off the road, next to and at the back end of a Quality Inn. From some of the reviews, I expected to be staying in a black hole with blaring trains all times of the night. However, to be honest, I think you will hear trains if you stay at ANY hotel along this street because there is a working rail line through this part of town. While I was aware of the trains, it was not overly loud or obtrusive. Although I requested a king bed, I got two double beds but since the room was right off the front desk, I decided to keep it. You do access the rooms from the outside but I noticed wide-angled cameras in the parking lot and on the outside of the building. I was traveling alone but at no time did I feel unsafe at this hotel. the hotel seemed to have a mix of families, fisherman, retirees and business types staying there. I was staying in the front of the property and did not walk back on the back end of the property where the gym is located but I believe, overall this is a good place to stay. The bathroom is small but my room was clean, no musty odors or wet smells. The refrigerator kept things cold, flat screen tvs and they provide free wi-fi and a laptop holder so you can sit in bed and surf if you like ( I have to get me one of those little doo-dads!). The complimentary breakfast was good both days and included an egg dish, a meat selection, waffles, cold and hot cereals, pastries, fruit, etc. Although I got my breakfast and ate in my room (which again, was right off the office area), they did have a nice dining area. Back to the room, the bed was comfortable and clean. I think I read one review on here that said there linens were not changed. There was a sign on the bed that stated lines were changed every 4 days unless requested more frequently. I had ample towels and washcloths and while the bathroom was small, it was adequate for this type of property. The hotel staff I encountered were pleasant although the staff I interacted with at the front desk were efficient but not particularly friendly (nor unfriendly either - just seemed to be doing their job). Air conditioner worked great and overall, I am glad I stayed at this Hampton Inn. It was a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Glendale, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was our stopping point on our way to Daytona Beach. The motel was your typical stay. We had two families traveling and in one of our rooms the a/c wasn't working. The staff was very quick in trying to fix the unit, once they were unable to do so, they moved our family to another room. After returning from vacation, there was a check in the mail refunding for the night due to the complications. All issues were handled professionally. No complaints. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family