Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the secret garden hot tub get away horseback ride our honeymoon gift shop family reunion wedding coordinator amicalola falls front office biscuits and gravy owners and staff living room wood burning fireplace full kitchen fried chicken north georgia
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2021

I hate the leave negative feedback, but I booked this resort based on the reviews and my husband and we did not enjoy our time there so I felt it was important to share our experience.
If you are looking for a cabin in the woods (no views), with old bedding, uncomfortable furniture and zero housekeeping (due to COVID concerns on behalf of the staff) then this is your place. Don't get me wrong, some people may truly enjoy and that's great!
The staff was not friendly, the kitchen staff had no idea what they were doing, there are no taxis, ubers, lyfts..etc. in the area so if you want to go downtown, wine tasting, etc. you need to hire a driver. These roads are curvy, no lighting at night....dangerous.
Upon arrival we started to make our bed but found two large black hairs in it. Called down to front desk and asked if we could just have an extra set of sheets. We were told to come down to the office and get them ourselves.....first issue.
On the second day we found what could only be described as "crud" in the hot tub. We pulled the peices out but were really grossed out so we called the front desk to ask if they would come take a look/sanitize it for us. They acted extremely put out and weren't sure if they could "legally" enter the cabin due to COVID. We assured them we felt safe and wanted to be able to use the hot tub as it was the only redeeming part of this resort. We were away for the day but we were told this issue was resolved and the tub did look clean. We did not re-enter, however......felt icky.
On the last day of our stay we woke to terrible weather. Without a hot tub, without a place to eat lunch on the resort (just open on weekends) we felt at a loss. We ended up leaving that morning, losing a lot of money and feeling dissapointed with our choice of accomodations.
That said, a lot of people on here seemed really happy and that's awesome. Bottom line, if you like nice (4-5 star accomodations) this is not your place. We did stay in two other GA hotels on our way to and from Forrest Hills and received excellent housekeeping service so I'm not sure if the COVID policy only applied to this resort but I am assuming so. Again, you are in the woods, there is dirt, horse poop, mud, etc. The floors of your cabin, your shower, your bed even will get dirty and housekeeping is a necessity in my opinion. I would not reccomend this to a friend nor would I return.

Date of stay: April 2021
Michele Kraft-DeBlois, Owner at Forrest Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2021

I am so sorry you were disappointed in any way. We normally hear that we have the friendliest staff around! Please contact me by phone or email at the resort as I would like to find out more information so I can look further into your situation. I am glad to hear they did reclean the hot tub as you requested.

Reviewed December 20, 2020

This review is based not only on my having been a guest, but also on the fact that I am a college level instructor of management and customer service for over 30 years.

The word resort can create any number of images to any given market. Often the image is not as realistic as it should be. Forest Hills is a friendly, well maintained, country-side escape. Some have described it as a place to relax and unwind. These words are indeed exactly accurate. Also, to be fair, as it is in the country you should be sure to have good boots (hiking boots) or sturdy sneakers. There will also be critters about, large, and small. Yes, this includes creepy little critters. Come on get real, okay? This place is in the forest! What are you expecting Disney World?

My wife and I stayed in a cabin and we found it to be reasonably clean (a few cobwebs under bed and a backed-up bathroom sink), and in general our cabin was both cozy and pleasant. My wife is a VERY fussy sleeper, and her assessment was that the bed was particularly good, the sheets and pillows were soft. It afforded her good night’s rest. I was pleased with the look and feel of the bathroom and shower. The staff was outgoing, willing to answer questions and to assist in any way. When I asked for suggestions or recommendations, I was given good advice. Do take advantage of the activities that are offered by the resort. In addition, try to drive around the area as there are a lot of locations worth your time.

Our cabin had a wood burning fireplace. The resort offers any number of other accommodations without wood burners that will suit you. My suggestion is that you talk with the representative when you call and tell them what you are looking for. I feel confident they will try to match your interests with their various accommodation styles.

I made it a point to make several visits to the office or engage staff in conversations. This was on purpose to gauge their degree of customer centeredness. While I was rather chatty at times, I never felt I was being rushed away, even when other customers came in or a phone rang. Everyone was able to balance the business of the day with letting the customer know they were appreciated. It was noted that staff appeared to take a professional and caring approach to all animals on their property. The only downside we found was that GPS can be spotty at times. Please be wise and have written directions (or map) for times you venture off site so you can always have a back-up plan to get you to your destination and back on site. Main office was of help to us and I am sure they will be very helpful to you.

One important thing to ask of you – please drive slowly around the property!! There are young human critters running about (of course), there are cats around and a small group of free-range chickens, not to mention the usual woodland creatures one could expect in summer, spring, or autumn. Remember the forest is where they live day in and day out – you are just visiting their back yard!

Overall, high marks to the owners and staff of Forrest Hills. We plan to come back in the spring.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank proftype
Reviewed December 6, 2020

We stayed in a outdated room.The beds were so clean and so comfy that I never noticed the rest.The grounds were fab.The dining was so nasty.The ok was nasty.The coffee cup looked like they had not been washed and it turned my stomach.we left without eating.The windows were filthy and needed the finger prints wiped off.We Will not stay again.

Room tip: Get a cabin do not stat in tree top lodge..
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed October 23, 2020

We couldn’t have asked for a better place to spend the weekend than the Bluebird cabin. We were even able to have food delivered straight to the cabin from the on site restaurant. It was the perfect hideaway for the rainy weekend.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2020

The property was outdated and rundown but the front desk agent was very pleasant at check in. Our stay went from good to bad very quickly upon noticing our beautiful, newly renovated bi level room, was filthy. The bathroom was tiny, outdated, and had so much hair on the floor that it looks like it hadn't been tended to for several years. The agent was suppose to come down and clean it when she closed the office since we opted not to move rooms if she would do this. We waited and she never came. We were told the following day she came, but apparently we had the tub on and didn't hear her. There was no further attempt made by her to try and reach us while she was there. I personally kept checking the door to make sure I didn't miss her. We ended up not showering due to the disgust of the bathroom and kept shoes on when using the restroom. Several spiders were found to be residing between the night stand and wall and another in the closet which is also an indication the room has been severely neglected. Never again will we stay at this location, and the co-owner Michele needs to learn how to treat guests. Initially offering a $20 discount was insulting. She was very argumentative and played the blame game before finally offering 1/2 off, then swiftly hanging up. This is not how you treat guests at a "motel" much less a "resort". This is a definite case of putting "lipstick on a pig". New carpet and furniture means nothing, if the room is going to be left filthy and disgusting.

Room tip: Inspect thoroughly for cleanliness. We were horrified by what we found, especially due to the current CDC guidelines.
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Noelle K
Michele Kraft-DeBlois, Owner at Forrest Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2020

We did everything we could to remedy the situation including the offer to change rooms or clean the bathroom for your one night stay. It is unfortunate that you did not come to the door when someone came to clean and since she was coming by at the end of her shift. I am glad the jacuzzi was cleaned to your satisfaction and you enjoyed using that. Our after hours number is available for additional assistance when needed. Had you chosen not to stay a full refund would have been issued. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we will make every effort to make your stay everything you want and more.