“Very pleasing”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2016

This was an anniversary dinner for me and my wife. Since I knew she loved sushi, I thought we would visit Fuji. It was a Saturday evening at about 6pm. We didn't have to wait long for a dining room table and our attendant, Sean, was with us quickly. He was very pleasant and cordial while not being overbearing. In fact, when we ordered, he leaned over a little to see my menu and then added, "This is my first night and I want to be sure and get things right". How refreshing this was, and let me say, he didn't miss a thing. He even offered a suggestion on a saki selection when we weren't sure what to get, seeing that we were trying it for the first time. It was an excellent tip and a great drink. We had the Fuji special for two and we had two sushi rolls. One was the New York roll which was very good, and the other was the Superman roll, also good. Our meals arrived and the portions were very large and everything was seasoned and cooked very well. The dining room appeared to be clean and the staff was buzzing with the weekend crowd. I've seen the negative reviews here and I have to say, I've been to this establishment 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years. I've had no disappointing experiences in the large span of time. I'm not suggesting that some are making things up, but on the whole, a very good time can be had at Fuji. Ask for one of Sean's tables and you'll have a good kick-start right off the bat.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

We took our grandchildren to Fuji as a surprise visit. The service was poor and the cook seemed bothered and bored. I have seen many cooks at this type of restaurant perform for those dining and they were so much more attentive. Our grandchildren were very disappointed and so were we. The food once again was not worth the money we spent. We won't be back.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed November 2, 2015

Love this restaurant, great sushi + hibachi/Japanese menu but I always get sushi. Great service, lovely atmosphere. A popular place but I have never had an issue finding parking or getting a table quickly. Yum!

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

We took my small nephew to experience Habachi style cooking for the first time the other day. He is eight and does not have the kind of home life allowing him to experience unique dining opions like this. He was intrigued by the sounds from the table next to us and by the time our chef came over he was all eyes. The chef did great interactive tricks with the food that had us all laughing and playing along. We each tried to catch a ball of rice in our mouth as he flug it to us, mostly we were unsuccessful, but it was fun. He had other neat tricks for the eggs and of course fire galore. My nephew especially loved the onion volcano bubbling teriyaki sauce and spewing fire. It was terrific to watch his face full of surprise and trill at each new eye popping moment. Oh, wait I haven't even mentioned the delicious food. It was very tasty and at lunch time reasonably priced. My daughter loves sushi and my son is crazy about the broth soup. My favorite is the salad with ginger dressing and of course tons of special white sauce to smother my chicken, vegetables, and rice. My husband is all about seafood so the shrimp, steak, and chicken trio really make him happy. This place is great for couples, families or even birthdays. Staff is friendly and helpful. Printable coupons are usually available. Make sure to print before going as they do not honor them on your phone. Enjoy a special treat with someone today, or take a child and enjoy watching them be amazed by the Fire and Wow!

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank Gustavo T
Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

We just "happened" on this place travelling through. This was the best sushi we have probably ever had. At least it rates up there. The service was excellent. Tyler, our waiter, suggested the specialty rolls and we were so glad he did! The service was prompt and he even patients waited while we changed our order. We recommend trying the OMG roll, Las Vegas roll, and I think it's called three layer roll. Amazing.

Date of visit: September 2015

Been to Fuji Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!