“Sad.....”
Review of Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Darien
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Most of the time the people are not very hospitable.... sometimes even cold/rude. What’s really bad, is last night, April 3,2018, they closed at 9:00pm even though a guest was in line ,already waiting, when there was a person in front of them that just ordered and their lights were still on. They even spoke something at the speaker, she couldn’t understand it, she asked for a blizzard (a simple ice cream) and then the guy came back and said, sorry my manager said we couldn’t. All she wanted was a simple blizzard. The open light was on, at least 5 cars were in the lot and you could see people inside, and again, the man in front of her who just ordered.... that is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! It’s just rude! Any business should show courtesy, since the lights were on and she was already in line before time.

The food is decent and the speed of service is acceptable but they lack in all customer service skills. I don’t believe I have ever seen them smile. I have been there several times because they have really good ice cream and there is not a lot to choose from in the area.

i wish they actually cared about their guest/customers and would act like they enjoyed their employment. It’s depressing

Reviewed 24 December 2017

My husband never complains about food, but his hot dog was so bad he couldn't eat it. He said it tasted like it was nuked - the bun was too hot to eat, and the dog was wimpy. My honey barbecue chicken strips were good, but they also tasted like the barbecue sauce was thrown on after cooking, not cooked with the batter on. All DQ's are not alike, by a long shot. The one near us in SC is excellent. So buyer beware. It probably depends on who's doing the cooking that day. But it was just a quick lunch while we were traveling, and we don't expect too much at fast food restaurants.

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Everyone enjoyed their food. Had the cod sandwich with some lemon juice from packets and was delicious. Service was fast and friendly all around. Free refills on soda. Plenty of packets of condiments available (ketchup, hot sauce, mayo, etc.) but always wish more places had the more convenient ketchup dispensers as well.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

My husband and I wanted to get an ice cream before retiring for the evening. It was 7:PM. The open sign was on ,no cars in the parking lot. We parked and saw all the chairs were up on the tables and so backed up to leave. We looked at the time on the door and it was open until 8:30PM. We went in and got our ice cream and they had closed off most of the dining area with chains. All the chairs were up. There were about 6 small tables left open. They were cleaning and mopping and doing everything they could so they could walk out at 8:30PM, we assumed. Have never seen a business close off 75% of the place and pile chairs up an hour and a half before closing. There was an adult female in the back, but mostly young people waiting the counter and doing the work. We wonder how many people drive up, see all the chairs piled on the tables and go on. Good way to lose customers. Maybe locals are use to it, but being right by the interstate, I can't believe it is all local business.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in and ate inside. Some female employee with long brown hair was violently moving furniture and causing extremely loud scraping sounds. It was excruciatingly LOUD! I yelled over "can you be any noisier?" And there was no response except she got even Moore aggressive shifting the tables and chairs scraping loudly every move. My husband and I took our food outside and sat on the curb to finish. My husband complained to the front counter employees but everyone just stood there and looked dumbfounded like they were afraid of the crazy-acting employee. Never again! Zero stars

1  Thank Angela O