All reviews breakfast staff room was clean road construction an older hotel oatmeal would stay here again easy access long drive skippers fish camp seafood free breakfast interstate
Reviewed July 12, 2018

My wife and I chose to stay at this older Hilton property just off I-95 south of Savannah and north of Brunswick, Georgia, mostly becUse we used only 20,000 HHonors points to stay for free. The entire place can use a makeover, but for our one night stay it was perfectly adequate. The employees were friendly and welcoming and while this hotel is not luxurious in any way, the room was a decent size and was clean. Several good restaurants were a short drive away. The free breakfast at the hotel was fine, but pretty basic.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LWL3333
Calvin P, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Darien-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I had stayed here a few years ago and while it is still a small town Hampton Inn, it seems like they have done some renovations. The front entrance and common areas still look dated but the rooms are def better than my last stay.
Front end girl was nice and price as right.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Darien-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Dan M,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let our front desk staff know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Not only were we welcomed with the most delightful smile, we were treated by the entire staff in such a manner that simply made us want to stay longer as though we were lost family members returning to a family reunion. 100% Southern Hospitality Precious people with a sweet disposition.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

I would stay at one of the other nearby Hilton properties or another hotel brand. I normally go out of my way to stay at Hampton’s as they are consistent.

I give this property credit for updating the facility which looks good, however the one thing they didn’t update was the room HVAC system.

Upon walking into the room it felt like a sauna and worse yet smelled like an old wet dog!!!’ Even the sheets and walls felt damp.

Note to all Hotels and readers: in cooling mode, ALWAYS put fan in automatic mode. Running with fan on, at all times increases the room humidity as it pulls 100% of the air across the wet cooling coils increasing the room humidity. Also running the fan at low will help reduce humidity as it condense the passing air through the cooling coils at a higher rate. (I’m in the HVAC business)

That said this room HVAC did not allow for any of this (old system) and i could feel a hot humid draft flowing into the room between the floor and HVAC compounding the problem. Shoddy workmanship and cheap air conditioner.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Darien-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear JNPTC,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues encountered with your HVAC unit, and we are working with our team to rectify the problem. Your knowledge and feedback are genuinely appreciated as it helps us improve our services. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Large roach we killed, room smelled like wet dog, breakfast bar was not replenished adequately, and “Obsessive Coffee Disorder” sign upset our daughter. We did not have to pay for room due to roach, but of course we had to bring the smashed roach down to front desk for proof. Yuck.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton