3 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$259
eDreamsUS$259
Agoda.comUS$259
All reviews state park beautiful view maple restaurant appalachian trail junior suite minute drive food options rooms face private balcony beds were very comfortable adirondack chairs common areas visitor center mountains falls groupon fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2021 via mobile

Currently staying at the lodge. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff is very nice and thorough when servicing the rooms. I would have given a higher rating but the hotel misplaced my wife’s dialysis supplies ahead of our visit. After booking our reservation, I notified the lodge of the delivery and the name of company that will be on the supplies. My wife was unable to do her nightly treatment our first night. On the second day, the supplies were only found only after getting an angry call from us because we got confirmation that they were delivered days before via UPS. There has to be a better process in place for these types of deliveries for future guests.

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank leonc585
Reviewed January 3, 2021 via mobile

My husband and I made a last minute decision to visit the lodge; I am so glad we did! The drive was gorgeous to the park and lodge. The lodge is located at the top of the mountain, the views are spectacular. God outdid Himself when He created the mountains of Georgia. The lodge is small, but well appointed. There is a restaurant / bar with amazing views in the lobby that serves breakfast and dinner (I’m not sure about lunch). We didn’t participate, but we saw many people zip lining (both kids and adults). This is an additional cost, but we talked to people who did it and they enjoyed it and said it was worth the money.
Of course the main attraction is the waterfall. It is a short hike (1-2 minutes) from the lodge through the forest to get to the waterfall. The ground was uneven, I would not recommend this route for elderly visitors. I’m not sure how it is parking at the bottom as we stayed at the lodge and walked down the stairs.
The waterfall is absolutely spectacular! There is a staircase on the side of the waterfall to take in the views. I’m in good physical condition, and I found the stairs physically draining. I would recommend going slow and steady, and stopping to rest on the different landings to catch your breath and slow your heart rate. My legs shook and were sore for days afterwards. Would I do it again? Definitely! We went halfway down and we were in awe of the beauty. We saw lots of families and their four legged kids enjoying the views.
We stayed in a beautiful suite with a living area with a huge window, big bathroom, sleeping area with a king bed, and a private balcony with two Adirondack chairs.
We enjoyed dinner and breakfast at The Maple Restaurant in the lobby. Susan was our awesome server for every meal. The food was delicious with stunning views! There was a limited buffet due to COVID, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.
Thank you Cici and James for a memorable stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2020

Perfect view from any room, very nice hotel and staff! Loved the Maple restaurant located inside as well! We stayed 2 nights, and loved how close it is to the top of the falls, just a skip down a short trail and you are there! Great hiking on other trails too, or just hanging in the room looking at the beautiful view.

Room tip: The Loft rooms are the best view!
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank toddbL7710DA
Reviewed December 1, 2020

This lodge has been a favorite for some years. Rooms are basic but ours have always been clean, and of course the views are great.

The pandemic has forced some changes, and unfortunately only some of the front desk personnel were masked. This should be a requirement. Check-in was backed up because rooms were late in being cleaned, which desk staff handled about as well as they could.

We had a problem with noise in our room that was ultimately traced to a malfunctioning machine in the kitchen below. I have to say that lodge managers went out of their way to identify and solve this problem, finally giving us another room as it was too late to actually fix it.

Restaurant buffet affords a fantastic view for breakfast and dinner. Food quality and selection is OK considering the lodge is some distance from populated areas.

I expect we will be back once the coronavirus pandemic eases.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank WeatherWizard
Reviewed November 19, 2020

We stayed at the Amicalola State Park Lodge on November 15. Our impression of the lodge is different than previous reviews.

We were disappointed that not every worker wore face masks. Not all front desk workers wore masks.

We found the room on the 4th floor to be modern with granite counter tops, new low flush toilet, and new flat screen TV. The room was clean. We wiped everything that we would touch with denatured alcohol to kill the coronavirus. We also brought our own pillows just in case.

The view from the room was magnificent-- all rooms face west providing outstanding sunsets. Even sunrises were outstanding with lots of shadowing in the valley below.

We ate at the restaurant. All of the servers wore face masks except the cook who was at the server station The breakfast buffet had a good variety of food but it was cold. However, at $12 per plate it sure beat driving to a neighboring village.

This is not a 5 star hotel. We did not expect that. We stayed because of the scenery and hiking in the gorge below. We have stayed at many state park lodges over the years and this is one of the best.

Room tip: Use the open staircase to avoid the elevator. It's only 2 flights of stairs.
Date of stay: November 2020