“Nice, casual dinner ”
Review of No. 246

Reserve with OpenTable
No. 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 399 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street
Transit: The Decatur MARTA station is one block south of our location.
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly service. Intimate, comfortable setting. Nice location. Valet or self-parking is a block away. For entrees, cacio e pepe is simple, yet delicious. Autumn squash agnolotti is amazing. Book a reservation on opentable for points.

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband took me here for our anniversary. He had been before with other family member but this was my first time and he thought I would like it.., well, I LOVED it! The waitstaff is professional and KNOWS the the menu well. Watching the kitchen you could tell this was a well trained team that cared about the product that came out . Every plate was carefully looked over and perfected by what I assume was the chef de cuisine. We ordered the meatball as an appetizer and the chicken Marsala for two. The pasta served with the chicken Marsala is House made and delicious, the chicken was tender and cooked perfectly and the sauce was just simply incredible! I was so thankful we had leftovers so I could enjoy it the next day as well. The dessert was very good too, not sure how I made room for it but I did! I wish we lived closer to Decatur as we would be visiting this restaurant for every special occasion!

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

We hosted a large party (approx 18) for what has to be described as a family style feast. We simply told them how many people and when and let 246 take care of everything else. The dishes kept coming and absolutely everything was delicious. Standouts were the trout, mushroom meatballs, roast chicken and vegetables, and the salad believe it or not. All the dishes were served family style and shared which was easier and much more fun than individual orders. Service was flawless and we all were able to try so many great dishes. One of the best dining experiences we have ever had.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I had one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten two nights ago! We were to meet a friend visiting from out of town at Leon’s, two doors down from No. 246. But it was closed for a private party (I hate that!) so we had to punt and in the nick of time remembered this place. My husband and I ate there about two years ago, it was great—loud, expensive, but great—and then for some reason promptly forgot about it. So glad it re-entered our consciousness!

My entrée was a trial dish that may or may not pop back up on the menu. Hopefully it will. It was pancetta ($32) with sausage, rolled up with herbs and seasonings, cooked a long time, then when ordered given a final sear. It came with almost-caramelized carrots and Brussels sprouts. It was so lip-smacking good that I kept exclaiming over it with every bite I put in my mouth.

Our friend ordered the wild sea bass (priced in the high $20s, I think) but he wanted some pasta with it—and here “pasta” is true, thick spaghetti. I envisioned a small side but the bass was perched atop a generous bowl-full. I don’t know what the chef did to the sauce but I ate everything Jim couldn’t and it was a knockout.

My husband had the black spaghetti ($26) with gulf shrimp, garlic, chili, and scallion. As he does not care for the squid ink that makes the pasta black, he asked for “white spaghetti”—and got it! It, too, was very good.

Between the meat and the fish we compromised on a bottle of light Italian pinot noir that seemed fairly priced at about $50. It was excellent.

Service was outstanding. Our waitress checked with us often, never lost patience at our questions and requests, and was more than willing to explain what things contained or how they were cooked.

So, No. 246 is still loud, still pricey…and still one of the best Italian restaurants in the metro area.

By the way: No. 246 stands for the plat number of the real estate on which the restaurant sits, not the street address.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

If you just want a meal you have many options to choose from in the area but if you're looking for an experience No. 246 is a good place to find one.
Four good friends and we really couldn't decide so we didn't. Each of us order a dish and four empty plates. We passed each around family style and each was so delicious.
When I take a bite and experience several different taste sensations I call that amazing. I couldn't tell you which was my favorite because they each held their own.
I had never had squid spaghetti and now I'm a fan. The noodles were thicker than normal spaghetti but that provided much more flavor. The autumn squash agnolotti was very mild & savory but more of a side dish and I might have been disappointed had I just ordered it.
Wild striped bass, oh my cooked to perfection with a sauce you just wanted to crawl up into and stay all night. Last but not least was the hanger steak, very tender and again cooked perfect.
We had the Caesar salad and the GA apple salad, Asher blue is one of my favorites so I had to have it.
Dessert was also shared, we had orange polenta cake, chocolate olive oil cake, and almond frangipane tart. All were very smooth but none were too sugary.
Our server Andrea from the beginning was very delightful and knowledgeable. She was an excellent guide this evening on our experience.
She sets the bar high for others in providing excellent service.