“Great Seafood Spot outside the City”
Review of Southern Seafood

Southern Seafood
Ranked #140 of 399 Restaurants in Decatur
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Had my boss take me here and show me where it is. Had the crawfish & the shrimp with potatoes. Both were excellent, and the shrimp were seasoned so spicy that my nose ran, WHICH I LOVED.

Will be back

Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and spoiled. Crabs from PNW have harder shells and more meat.

So, moving here I've searched high and low for some decent crabs. My dining experiences have been not so pleasant with the small, soft shell Dungeness crabs.

But then a gentle told me to drive out to Decatur and try this place called "Southern Seafood." He said it would be a drive. But worth it.

He didn't lie. It's not an eat in situation. Although you will see people eating at those dirty tables. But the selection of crab, shrimp and crawfish is perfect. They make them spices and steamed. Perfectly the way I like them.

Will return for my seafood cravings...

Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

Southern Seafood is a not a restaurant but a bare-bones shop that sells shrimp and fish (tilapia, catfish, etc.) filets. No charm at all. However, the prices are right and the quality is good. In my experience, restaurant tilapia is usually "meh"; now I can grill it or fry it in panko crumbs at home and get raves for my cooking. I'm glad that Southern Seafood is in the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Not really a sit-down place but the best crawfish in town by far. Also a reliable source for fresh shrimp when the nearby Dekalb Farmers Market has only frozen.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

They crab legs, crawfish, fish, potatoes, corn everything is bomb here! If you like it spicy, get spicy but bet it's going to be just that - Spicy as hell! I liked it ad kept eating it because it was so damn good but my mouth and my forehead and everything was smoking hot for a good 15 minutes. If you can't handle the heat like that and want to throw down, get mild. Love this place, they are good and quick. Asian owned.

Been to Southern Seafood? Share your experiences!