“Great neighborhood spot for seafood specialties and special occasion brunch.”

Wahoo! A Decatur Grill
Ranked #10 of 383 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2015

This is a family and neighborhood favorite. While dinner is consistent and always tasty, to me brunch is where Wahoo really shines. especially on Easter and Mother's Day. The patio is just lovely and almost magical. Staff are warm, friendly, and knowledgeable. Prices are what you expect for this quality and service. Love the shrimp and grits! Best I've ever had.

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

What a gem of a restaurant. The dinner menu is excellent. Don't pass up the Mediterranean Salad...delicious! Loved the grouper and they allowed me to substitute the Mac n' Chees with greens, which are outstanding. My friend loved her fried chicken too. Bread pudding gets an A+. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

When we travel to Atlanta, Wahoo is one restaurant to which we always return. The food is contemporary with an emphasis on fish dishes. The trout was fresh, served over sauteed spinach. My husband does not like fish, so he had the New York strip that melted in his mouth. They has an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list. The place is a little pricey, but it attracts couples and families a like. They also have a monthly wine tasting paired with food. The servers are always friendly and knowledgeable. We are never disappointed.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We had a wonderful meal at Wahoo. I had scallops which were generous (4 large ones) cooked to perfection, no breading, seasoned tastily. Tender yet thoroughly cooked. The side was a "vegetable" which surprised me by being butternut squash. My partner had the fried chicken and I don't think I have ever tasted it so well seasoned and moist and tender inside. I ate his collards which although they are not my favorite green were tasty. We shared a dessert of pot de creme which was also delicious.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

We attended a group brunch at the busiest time on a Sunday and it was handled flawlessly. The food was exceptionally tasty and beautifully presented. The staff was friendly and were not hurried or tense about the crowd and took the time to help guests with every need. Our group was in the tent outside which was very comfortable despite a cold rainy morning. The food was perfectly prepared with typical eggs, potatoes and grits and less standard, very flavorful shrimp and chicken dishes. There were plenty of choices for any special diet. The bread pudding with bourbon syrup was fantastic! As we left the brunch we were already talking about the next time we would be able to eat at Wahoo again.