“Looks Aren't Everything”

Mings BBQ
Ranked #52 of 77 Restaurants in Doraville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Got a hanker for high-end Asian cuisine, fancy decor, comfy banquettes and pristine staff uniforms? You won't find them in this strip-mall slot off Buford Highway. What you will find is some of the best fast-casual dining in the area, whatever the cuisine. At surprisingly low prices, with excellent table service. Start by checking the picture window out front. The day's roasted and barbequed offerings are there for all to see - whole pigs, Peking ducks, quail and offal. A butcher-chef prepares dishes to order. The honey pork and crispy roast duck on the bone are equally good. For starters, go for the won ton soup with vegetables. The won tons may be the best in the city, the broth tastier than most. My crowd of weekly lunch buddies continue with Shanghai fried noodles - curry noodles studded with shrimp, pork and green onions - and snow pea leaves with garlic. Chinese broccoli is another good choice. On my last few visits, the salt-and-pepper squid hasn't been quite as tasty as formerly but I'm more than willing to try again. Service is speedy and efficient and there is on-site parking. In a higher-end place I might deduct a star for the single, third-world-looking single restroom but this ain't the Ritz, so I won't.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

prices not listed!!! very dishonest business... the owners of this business, i hope you are reading this... i came in for the first time about two weeks ago and was not paying much attention since it's the weekend. i ordered 1lbs of roast pork... i was charged almost $25... i thought that it was expensive but they are a business with bills to be paid... i called the business and asked how much a pound is their roasted pork?... the lady on the phone said $10.99... now i understand why they don't list the prices there. called them back, but unfortunate for me. they lost the receipt in the last hour. they love to rip people off there, even when they are caught... will never ever go there again... customers, my advice would be to find another business that sells what you want... honestly???

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Man, The food sure is tasty here but they get a poor rating because of their lack of customer service. It doesn't matter how good your food is if you don't treat people with respect you lose customers.

Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

Clean place, service was quick and food was delicious. Price is good for the amount of food. Rice was filling!

1  Thank Marta S
Reviewed June 21, 2015

My husband and I try to hit one Buford Highway restaurant every weekend. Today we visited Ming's BBQ. Our original intention was to have lunch at La Mei Zi, but since their line was out the door (!!), we decided to go next door and give Ming's a shot.

We were seated immediately and soon realized we were the only gringos in the joint -- clearly, a good sign! I quickly jumped online to see what other diners were raving about, and it seemed the duck and the honey pork were the way to go.

The menu is extensive and ranges from things as far out there as fried intestines to kung pao chicken. Our waitress spoke perfect English, and the menu is in Chinese and English, so there's really no trouble ordering.

B ordered the Honey Roasted BBQ Pork with Rice and Green Vegetables ($6.99), which came out super fast. The meat was tender and flavorful with a few little crispy bits, which are always my favorite.

S ordered a half of a Peking Duck ($16.99) which took quite a while. I'm not sure what the delay was all about, but we basically had my dish as an appetizer. The duck was served with four soft white buns, vegetables and sauce.

We thought the food was delicious. I thought the pork was better than the duck, but S thoroughly enjoyed his dish. Portions are generous without being over the top. From what we could tell they do a ton of take out business. If you are dining in a waitress will seat you. They'll also bring you the check. You go the counter and pay. The restaurant appears to be very clean, and you will see a butcher in the front chopping up duck and pig, which are on display in the front window.

Another great Buford Highway find :)