“Quality at a Great Rate”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
Warsaw, Indiana
“Quality at a Great Rate”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Doraville Metro Hotel is clean and comfortable. The bed was great! Slept like a baby, and that doesn't usually happen at even the nicest hotels.The front desk staff was always smiling a happy to help with anything. The hotel doesn't seem to be very busy, probably because of it's location, but that meant it was very quiet. The breakfast is minimal, but I would not expect more at the rate they offer. There are lots of places around to get a bite for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We often visit the ATL area so we needed a place to stay that is close to family. This was perfect. It's clean, the staff is wonderful, the beds are soft, the bathrooms were clean. It does need some updates but it's clean!! We have been fooled before by just looking at the lobby, but not this time things were just as they were supose to. This hotel was so nice we are planning to stay there again.

Room Tip: This is NOT a four star but it's nice, safe and very clean.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed at The Metro Hotel in mid September as I was in Atlanta for a short family visit. I was pleased from the beginning with the appearance of the place. The lobby is large, comfortable and inviting and the customer service was top notch. Every question I had was answered with a smile and check-in was a breeze. I was a little worried that I'd have to wait for my room to be ready as their website says that check-in is at 3 pm, but I arrived around 1 pm, and I didn't have to wait at all.

The room was sizable with a nice bathroom and very comfortable bed. Basic cable was provided and it is possible to rent movies. They also offer free WiFi and free parking.

I stayed on the first floor near the pool and exercise room and for the most part it was quiet. I did hear some music and chatter on Sunday morning and when I was leaving for the day I noticed that they were hosting a religious service. It didn't bother me though as it was not overly loud.

I can't say that I used the pool or exercise room as I was up and out both days very early and tired when I returned, but they looked to be good condition.

The vending machine is a bit pricey so I would suggest packing your own water or snacks or getting them from a drug store. They did have aspirin though which was a plus as I was nursing a headache one day.

One downside is that the hotel no longer offers a complimentary breakfast and doesn't have a restaurant any longer. No worries though as The Waffle House is a short walk or cab ride away. I was also given menus for pizza, Chinese, Italian and Thai food.

All in all, I had a pleasant short stay at the Metro and would likely stay again. Another plus is they are just a few blocks away from the MARTA train so it was easy getting back and forth throughout the city without spending a lot of money.

If you are coming from Hartsfield Airport, take the Gold line train to Doraville. Walk to your left out of the train station and go to the light. Walk straight a few blocks and you will pass a library and courthouse. At the light take a left (Central Avenue, I think) and walk a few blocks and look up to your right and you will see the sign for the Waffle House. The hotel is directly behind the Waffle House. Cross the street and walk straight and you will see the red and white Metro Hotel sign. You will have to walk through a few business parking lots and you will then enter the Metro Hotel entrance.

Here is the web address for the hotel: http://www.metrohotelatlanta.com/Metro_Hotel_Atlanta/Home.html

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor. They may be quieter, but the ones on the first floor are just f...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank TamekaM
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I'm currently at this hotel and so far so good. We stayed here based on reviews from Tripadvisor. I will update this review if something changes. As it stands now the two worst things that we have experienced is noisy valet cart and potential spots on the ceiling above the shower tub. The valet car used to move our luggage from our car to the room was extremely noisy, which would have been fine if it was during the day but we arrived at 11:30pm. The bathroom ceiling in the shower appeared to have some mold spots but since the ceiling is knapped (coarse textured), it is hard to confirm. In any event, it wasn't bad enough to complain about the room. Now for the good:
1. The carpet is clean.
2. The A/C works.
3. There is free WiFi.
4. The beds are comfortable. The pillows were a little small but accommodating.
5. Clean and comfortable chair and foot stool.
6. Desk and chair comfortable.
7. Plenty of mirrors, lighting, and all around good condition of the room and hotel itself.
8. The young lady at the lobby counter was very nice and pleasant.
9. They are pet friendly.

At this time, I would definitely stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Stop at the Georgia Welcome Center to get the coupon for the best rate.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bill f
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My wife and I relocated to this area and needed a place to stay till we closed on our new house. We came across the Metro Hotel, this little hidden jewel in the Atlanta area. We ended up staying a week and a half. It is my pleasure to recommend this place to friends, and anyone traveling to the area. The room was very gorgeous and clean, and the staff was friendly, courteous, and could not do enough for us.

Thanks for the best stay.
John S.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PNic_77
artzrusso
Reviewed 25 June 2011

The staff was friendly and the room was clean and beautiful! Just like pictures. Hotel felt safe, everything was great! We were very happy with the price and would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Excellent hotel. Very comfortable and the staff is awesome, from the manager to the housekeepers - excellent job. Natin Patel is one of the best Managers I have encountered. I travel all over the southeast.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
3.4 km away
La Quinta Inn Norcross
#9 of 38 in Norcross
4.6 km away
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta? Share your experiences!