“A happy extravagance”
Review of Viande Rouge

Viande Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Viande Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 482 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Statebridge Road
Description: An all prime American chophouse with a French flair. An upscale in town atmosphere designed by Micheal Habachy, outside the perimeter.Chef Marc"s blend of classic American steakhouse flavors combined with old world French technique is sure to impress. Knowledgeable friendly service and an extensive wine list will complete your perfect evening. Please remember we are adults only, as all guests must be at least 18 years of age. We look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We saved (and saved for) our visit to elegant Viande Rouge to celebrate a milestone birthday. Our group’s meals were a sensory treat on all levels, particularly taste. The Margaux we shared nicely complemented the savory Steak Diane and New York strip, and the excellent Grouper Oscar and Halibut Provencal rounded out the entrees. There was as much care given to the top-notch salads and sides, and certain dishes were expertly prepared at our table. Our meal was bookended with a classic fondue appetizer, and perfect Bananas Foster and carrot cake desserts. The only flaws were service-related: the need to ask after a forgotten wine order and an omitted oyster fork. On balance, a special occasion we’ll recall with a smile.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful menu featuring steaks. But there are other really good choices. This is certainly a fine dining restaurant. A great place for an intimate date or celebration. They have a good wine selection.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Wow! A good friend recommended this restaurant- so we thought we’d try it. We made reservations on Opentable and go stuck in traffic and we’re going to be almost 15 mins late. I called to let them know and assumed I needed to cancel the reservation. Nope. The hostess said not to worry and to take our time. We got there and it’s this amazing restaurant tucked into a shopping center. We had the most amazing server- Stephen- who was wonderful! He knew the menu front and back and had wonderful suggestions and a great personality. We had the grouper Oscar and the bone in dry aged filet. AMAZING! This is truly one of those experiences where I do not have ONE suggestion as to improve. The bartender was super friendly, the wait staff and the hostess as well. Then to top it off with the food being amazing- well - we can’t wait to come back! This is a MUST to try!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 7, 2018

My wife took me here for my birthday and it was absolutely incredible. First off I'd like to start by stating how amazing the staff was. Our waiter; Jacob was incredibly knowledgeable about every dish on the menu and made the best recommendations. The grilled oysters were so delectable, our cocktails were amazing, the beef bourguignon was so tender and juicy and my wife's bone in filet mignon was cooked to perfection. To top it off we finished with the VR butter cake beignets and a Grand Marnier souffle that was incredibly rich. I will gladly return in a heartbeat. The staff, ambiance, food and dining experience was wonderful.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Our server was Jacob and he provided hands down the best dining experience that my wife and I have ever had. The atmosphere was cozy and perfect for the occasion, the staff was friendly and helpful and the food was top notch. I would recommend a dish, but I'm of the opinion they don't have any bad picks on the menu.

Date of visit: August 2018