All reviews room was clean indoor pool convenient location attending an event staff was friendly energy center a great stay restaurants and shopping very nice hotel lobby arena sam shuttle atlanta concert sugarloaf highway
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Staff was friendly, our room was clean and quiet. We were impressed with the healthy offerings for breakfast including veggie omlettes, fruit and cereals. We were able to walk to the concert venue and there is a good restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Hi ZJDEE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad you found our location convenient and were able to take advantage of our breakfast buffet. The next time you are attending an event at the Infinite Energy Arena, we hope to be able to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 13, 2017

The family stayed overnight here for an evening Gladiators game and a Sunday afternoon game. The room was decent, worked well for a family of 3.

The staff was very nice, especially Lacy and Sam, they got us a plate of food for breakfast because we were late due to having some issues with our door, they were very nice and helpful! They also let us check out late. They provided great service. The hotel was walking distance to the arena, probably about 10-15 mins, which was great. We would def stay here next time for an event at the arena.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Hi millej1234,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are the proud Host Hotel of the Atlanta Gladiators and are glad you found our location convenient for your trip. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to Lacey and Sam. The next time you attend an event at the Arena, we hope to welcome you back. Go Glads!

Reviewed February 22, 2017

The hotel is of normal Holiday Inn standard. You can tell that it has been there a while. It's ok, but it could use a bit of maintenance and freshening up. It's quite pricey for what is offered, but they probably get away with it due to the location next to the conference/concert center. The room was ok, breakfast good, as long as you go early, because after 8.30 the buffet was quite empty and messy.

Room Tip: The higher floors are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Dear Plog60
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments to better our hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

First time staying at this property. Won't be back. Dirty room, dirty walls, dirty furniture, dirty door, ceiling cracked, broken furniture.

Would not recommend staying at this property. It should not be listed as Holiday Inn. When called front desk about room issue, "We are busy right now."

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Dear Hasnain M

Your review of our hotel is very disappointing to hear. I will follow up on the room you were checked into and the staff who were scheduled during your staff.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

Last weekend (1/6/17), we stayed at the Gwinnett Center Holiday Inn. We have stayed at this location several times before without any problems. We won't go back. We arrived around 8:30pm when an ice storm was happening. Got our things into our room and decided instead of leaving we would stay and eat at the hotel restaurant. Service was little slow (the place at the time was pretty empty) but the two staff members were very friendly and helpful. We got back to our room around 9:45 when I realized how cold our room was. I turned the heat up and waited a few minutes before calling the front desk. 30 minutes later, the maintenance man arrived. He tinkered with the unit and stated "this unit never gets hot air just a warm breeze". It worked (with a slightly warm breeze) for about 20 seconds then became cold air again. He left to get a drill. After waiting for 20 more minutes, I called the front desk to ask if we would be getting help or if it indeed wasn't going to work for a new room. I explained that we had an athletic competition the next day and my daughter was hoping to get to sleep soon. I was told that maintenance was trying but the heat was supposedly working enough in our room. I asked for another room again (as the heat was not working) and explained that with a corner room and the low for the night being 22 degrees this was unacceptable. I was told there were no rooms and nothing could be done. (again, ice storm outside, corner room and no heat) Along with this, the restaurant workers had told me they were all staying the night in rooms due to the storm. I asked the front desk clerk to bunk up a couple of the employees and give me a room with heat since I was 1) paying for the room and 2) had these reservations since August. She told me "I can't ask people to give up their rooms." I then asked to speak with the manager to which she said there was no one I could talk to but I was welcome to leave a message on her voicemail that would be received in the morning (when it was going to be 22 degrees). I hung up and called the 1-800 number on the HI website. I spoke with a manager named Johnny who was very helpful. After speaking with the hotel staff, he let me know that the manager was on site but was helping in the bar as they were "slammed", I guess serving high priced drinks is more important than helping the customer who was stuck in a cold room. During my phone conversation with Johnny (total time was 29 minutes), maintenance reappeared in my room with a drill and confirmed that the heater was not working. With this, I told him I couldn't stay in this room but had been told there were no more available. He said "There's another room, I will get it for you." Flash forward 30 more minutes and we were STILL waiting in a cold room hoping to go to sleep. I called down to the front desk 3 times before they answered. Coat on and with our suitcases repacked we went back to the front desk and waited for maybe 10 minutes while another room was checked to see if it was ready because miraculously someone was a "no show". So after two hours, we made it into a room that had heat.... When the bill was shoved under my door Sunday morning, I was not surprised at all that I wasn't given any help due to the RIDICULOUS run around I was given. I called and got $55 off for my troubles. This was a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE and I am very disappointed in Holiday Inn. (Please feel free to look through my reviews as I rarely write such a negative review but this one needed it.)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Robinson5366
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2017

Dear Guest

We sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during these unusual circumstances. It is our intention to deliver excellent service and it is unfortunate you did not receive this during your stay.