We took three rooms here as part of the hurricane Irma evacuation. If this was a vacation, I wouldn't be staying here. The property looks fine from the outside and even portions of the lobby are okay, but thats where it ends. The staff has been very polite and accommodating, but this property needs attention badly. The room's needs go beyond a deep cleaning; they need a full update. The carpet is disgusting and the bathrooms in all three rooms are just old in need of repair. The hallways are dingy and the elevators look shabby. I think that's the best descriptor for the hotel ... "shabby". The owners need to reinvest some money into this property.
UPDATE: This hotel decided to raise their rates on us a solid 60% and we checked out early because we had three rooms and it just became too expensive. I was enraged until I heard that while we were paying $160, others were paying $250 for the same disgusting rooms. It's safe to assume that 90% of the guests were evacuees and these people had the nerve to gouge their customers. We spoke with both IHG as well as the front desk and neither wanted to take responsibility for the rate hike. The better business bureau has been contacted and this matter will be pursued to the very end. What they did was disgusting and unethical. As a small business owner, I understand how important it is to stay profitable, but the owners of this property are simply opportunists that are making an extra buck on the backs of victims.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center Hotel, located adjacent to the Gwinnett Center and the Arena at Gwinnett Center, home of the Gwinnett Gladiators, Forward Conference (Jun 09), Watchtower Conventions, Joyce Meyer Event (Oct 09) and other Gwinnett Arena Events. The new Gwinnett Braves Baseball Team plays just a few miles north The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center, a Duluth GA hotel is located NE of Downtown Atlanta via I-85, less the mile from Discover Mills Mall, close to the Mall of Georgia, Gwinnett Civic Center, Gwinnett Convention Center and 3 miles from the Gwinnett Place Mall. Gwinnett County offers a wide variety of recreational activities such as golf and tennis, which are located within 2 miles of the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center, a Lawrenceville GA hotel. The hotel is also close to the University of Georgia ( UGA )Bulldogs Stadium. Each one of our 143 beautifully appointed guest rooms was designed to make your stay comfortable and productive. We offer complimentary high-speed Internet access. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center you can relax by our indoor pool or work out in our poolside fitness center. Perhaps you will want to unwind with a cocktail in our lounge or dine at Kem s restaurant (named for the founder of Holiday Inn, Kemmons Wilson.) We hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center Hotel for your next visit to Duluth GA, Lawrenceville GA or Gwinnett GA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Hotel Duluth
- Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center
- Holiday Inn Duluth
- Duluth Holiday Inn