All reviews room was clean indoor pool free shuttle convenient location attending an event staff was friendly energy center a great stay restaurants and shopping very nice hotel lobby arena sam atlanta concert sugarloaf highway
Reviewed August 25, 2017

This was a great little hotel. Well appointed public space and guest rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. A credit to the HI system.

The bar food options are very adequate and the food quite good. Friendly employees, and an extremely quiet hotel set back from the major highways. It also has a Mexican restaurant next door.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably very good as the hotel sets back from the major highways.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Thank you for a delightful stay. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and clean. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had plenty of choices. Free parking and convenient location for our business meeting.

Staff was helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear AnnRonco

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. We are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our amenities and our location was convienant for your needs.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Happy to stay here a second time-- Very convenient parking, clean rooms, good restaurant, room service, lovely indoor pool= it's all good! Rooms are updated and modern, granite in bathroom, although not in shower. Very clean, but this time I noticed a lamp in the room was dusty, and the stairwells smelled slightly foul. I'm going to assume they were just slightly off their game. All staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoy everything about the nice sized rooms: the very comfortable bed, vintage Holiday Inn framed and matted photographs, superb views from corner room windows, Bath and Body Works toiletries, in-room Keurig. (In-room coffee makers tend to skeeve me out, but I brought my own vinegar to clean this time, LOL) Room has every amenity you could desire: hair dryer, fridge, microwave, room darkening curtains, with all in good working condition. We had a little issue with non availability of a luggage trolley, but as the hotel has five, (observant hubby) I can't blame this on the hotel, but rather on guests that are inconsiderate of others. Glad for good channels on TV, as some hotels seem to be loaded with sports channels and little else. (Ugh!) Bustling hotel full of people there for business or concerts at the nearby venue.(Name tags everywhere. LoL) The cucumber lemon whatever water in the lobby is a treat, and addictive. I didn't have the breakfast buffet this time, but totally recommend the hummus and chips appetizer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2017

I was in town for a wedding. I was unable to check in early, but I was not too concerned since there was other things to do in the area. However, when I checked out the following day I left behind two dresses in the closet. By the time I realized what happened I was back in NC. I tried to call the hotel the exact same day and kept getting transferred to the Housekeeping Manager. I left several phone messages for her and never received a return call from her. I was willing to pay the shipping charges just so that I could get back my stuff. By now I am sure my stuff is in the hands of who knows and the dishonest hotel staff is trying to cover it up.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sekai G
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Sekai G

It is unfortunate it took several times trying to return your call for us to reach you by phone. I'm glad to say, our Housekeeping Director has mailed you items to you and you should receive them shortly.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Stayed here for my motorcycle club event. They were very accommodating to our group.

The beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner. There were a few stray hairs in the shower and on the toilet. The shower had mildew in the corners. The floor of the shower was a bit slippery.

Most of the staff's level of friendliness was average...nothing to write home about. Except Marcus, the shuttle bus driver. He was great! He kept us laughing with jokes while driving us to a local restaurant. He even came and picked us up a little later than the last shuttle was supposed to run to make sure we had a good time. Another great employee was Sam in the restaurant. We didn't have to ask for anything! He was on top of it all!

Breakfast was delicious! It was $11.66 per person. It included eggs cooked to order, waffles, fruit, French toast, fruits, REAL eggs, grits, oatmeal, yogurt and more.

The A/C in our room didn't work the first night and the front desk promised they would get someone to our room to fix it ASAP. It never got fixed, but they moved us to another room with no problem.

This hotel has a lot of potential, but it's just a few little things that keep it from getting 5 stars!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Motomomma
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear Motomomma

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the compliments you gave and will pass along your kind words to Marcus and Sam. We will utilize your feedback to improve upon our Guest stay.